By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo-Kazooie 3 coming late 2008

I would like to see Nintendo release their rights on Goldeneye and in trade MS grant Nintendo the rights to release both Banjo games on VC (as well as XBLA of course). Goldeneye hasn't aged well. Banjo has hehe.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I really hope BOTH banjo's come to the XBLA. I never played Tooie, but i still have number one lying around here somewhere for the 64, it is AWESOME!
 It'll run you $10-15 on ebay.  Great game if you can get it. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

naznatips said:
I would like to see Nintendo release their rights on Goldeneye and in trade MS grant Nintendo the rights to release both Banjo games on VC (as well as XBLA of course). Goldeneye hasn't aged well. Banjo has hehe.

What rights does Nintendo have over Goldeneye? I thought they didn't have any and that Activision was the one who had the rights to the game. I heard Nintendo convinced Activision not to let MS release the game.

I haven't really been following the developments of this little expenditure because like you said, GE hasn't aged well. So what legal position does the Big N have with Goldeneye?

hey naz actually GE has aged well but as a mod on steam but i think they are under legal action for it but its till there though

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

I'm pretty sure this game is going to be awesome despite the fact that a lot of people left the company since the last game. However, it's probably not going to sell much because it's on the wrong console. Same thing for Viva Pinata. Those 2 games would sell much much better on the Wii but I think Microsoft doesn't even care if it doesn't sell well. They just want to have an internal studio developing cute games to try to break the image that the whole audience of XBOX is composed of males from 15 to 25 who like FPS and other violent games.

Around the Network

I'd sooner see the original Banjo Kazooie on Xbox Live Arcade where it would likely get a graphical overhaul and added content.  As for Banjo Kazooie 3 it'll be very interesting to see what the game looks like.

Legend11 said:
Banjo Kazooie 3 is just what the 360 needs and it would be far more interesting (at least to me) to see the game with next generation graphics on the 360. As for Banjo Kazooie on VC, I'd sooner see it on Xbox Live Arcade where it would very likely get a graphical overhaul and additional content.
I agree with you once again. The XBLA is so much better than the VC because games can be upgraded significantly. I also love that 360 controller. And yeah this is the type of game MS needs to be a big hit, something that doesn't involve shooting people. They need to start expanding their userbase if they want to make more money, the only way to do that is to make different kinds of games. So yeah this isn't a game for the typical Xbox crowd, it's not supposed to be.

Well I can`t wait for this come out, the first two provided me with countless hours of enjoyment. Here's hoping it live's up to the quality of the first two.

scorptile said:
hey naz actually GE has aged well but as a mod on steam but i think they are under legal action for it but its till there though

I know, I have Goldeneye Source on Steam. The original Goldeneye hasn't aged well.

Legend, I never said I didn't want it on XBLA. I just said I wanted it on both it and VC. That way more people would be able to play it.  This would be beneficial to Microsoft as well.  People who play the first 2 on VC may be more likely to buy a 360 for the 3rd. Let's face it, they need all the help they can get to sell that game on the 360.

The problem with Microsoft putting Rare games on XBLA isn't just with licensing issues such as Goldeneye and the James Bond license...

When Rare was under Nintendo, Nintendo published ALL of Rare's games, not just the ones they collaborated on like the DKC series... ever boot up a Rare game on N64?  Not only are you treated to a shiny Rare logo, you're also greeted with the spinning N logo of the N64 signifying that its a Nintendo published game.  So basically what that means is while Rare owns the rights to the characters and properties of such games as Banjo and Perfect Dark, Nintendo has the publishing rights since those games were made specifically for their system.

And then theres the fact that since those games were on N64 hardware - which again Nintendo owns the rights to obviously - Microsoft and Rare can't simply just slap a direct port onto XBLA and call it a day, they'd have to...

A. License the use of the N64 hardware for XBLA, which let's face it that's prolly not gonna happen as Nintendo

would never let a competitor have the right to use their own hardware/software.  Or... 

B. Basically reprogram the games specifically for XBLA which would cost a little time and money but gets around situation A.   This is probably what they did with Goldeneye, but then again we come back to the whole publishing issue, where Nintendo stepped in and probably said something to the effect of "Well if you're gonna put and updated and reworked version of games like Goldeneye on your online service, we want the original versions on ours or else!"

So here's what i predict is gonna happen in the next few months... Microsoft and Nintendo will announce some sort of compromise where Rare games originally developed on Nintendo systems will come to VC while Rare and Microsoft will be free to put all the Rare properties that Nintendo originally published on XBLA, and I'll also wager that part of that deal will be that Rare can continue developing on  the DS and also on Wii Ware too.  (I doubt though that Microsoft would allow Rare to develop on Wii itself but time will tell.)

And back on topic, I've been waiting for BK3 for 8 years now and it's one of my most anticipated games of '08... but MY GOD those character models look like something out of a bad computer animated kids show on network television... stick with the originals dammit!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.