By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Too much rumor is damaging PS4 and Xbox One

I am really sick of it. There have been a flood of rumors. This runs at 720p, this will malfunction, this, that etc. I now really dont care. I know more "spicy" rumors will come within a few days. Some might be true and some might be false. But now I simply dont care.

The most disgusting part is that I was also a part of these rumors. I posted or created threads about some of these rumors. I forgot who I am. Now I know who I am and who do I like.

I am a gamer. I play games. I dont give a damn if a game runs in lower res in a system compared to another. I just like good games. Yah. I might turn into one of those rumor zombies a few weeks/ months later. But I will turn when they are tolerable. Till then I am going to play my backlog games. Adios "Rumor zombie myself".

PS: Can someone tell me how to post smileys at vgchartz?

Around the Network

)))))

I just find it funny how many users here dont believe negative ps4 rumors but they do believe every single xbox one rumor and treat it as fact.
Sony did have DRM built in. They saw what happened to Microsoft so they aren't gonna say "yes we had DRM built in and were gonna screw you guys over"
I always lol at most users here who believe sony cares about gamers. Sony and microsoft care about their bank accounts.

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

We Wii U owners had it rough for quite some time, it's natural.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

XxGame4lifexX said:
I just find it funny how many users here dont believe negative ps4 rumors but they do believe every single xbox one rumor and treat it as fact.
Sony did have DRM built in. They saw what happened to Microsoft so they aren't gonna say "yes we had DRM built in and were gonna screw you guys over"
I always lol at most users here who believe sony cares about gamers. Sony and microsoft care about their bank accounts.

They might have plans for this. Sony had several patents regarding this. But in the end end announcements matters. This is just like previous gen. But its out of the line now.

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/11/08/playstation-3-wont-play-used-games/

Around the Network

I've ignored pretty much all of it. Most of it is stuff I don't really care about, anyway, like 900p vs. 1080p. Hell, I'm fine with 720p.

A lot of the rest, well ... I've been saying for a long time now that all future consoles are going to be buggy and filled with frustrations at launch. I will be extremely surprised if either of them go smoothly. Competition brings a lot of positives but one of the negatives is the rush to market.

The way I see it, if you're not prepared for problems, don't pre-order.

As for the games, launch title technical quality means very little. People need to realize that (again).

I haven't paid to much attention to any of the rumors.

Anfebious said:
We Wii U owners had it rough for quite some time, it's natural.

I am not a Wii U owner but I will say Wii U

1. Allows used games.

2. Gives proper booklet / manual with every game (its important for me).

3. Doesnt charge for online (last time I heard).

4. Cares for its gamers.

kowenicki said:
AMEN!

Its mostly irrelevant, trivial and fucking boring.

I honestly think negative "rumour" threads should be banned without concrete evidence. Its a free pass to shills and shit shovellers.

Thanks bro.

Yeah, they are go completely crazy at the moment and there are still 2 weeks to go

When the AC IV PS4 reviews come out next week, things are going to go crazy with the inevitable rumours that the Xbox One version runs in SD and causes the console to explode

Then we get the Sony launch event where we get the rumours that everything is a lie. Then the One embargo lifts soon after that and we get more rumours of everything being a sham

Then everything breaks for you Americans

Then in 1 month time, I get my PS4 and everything is surprisingly ok and nothing is fundamentally broken. Just 1 month...