By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF: Xbox One OS and XBL having issues that will take months to fix

Osc89 said:
This was definitely wrong, a strike in the "Cboat isn't credible" column. Anyone keeping score?

Here are Cboats "leaks" for the past 6 months:

Prior GamesCom / TGS:

PS4 will launch in late October FALSE
Xbox One SKU without Kinect in March / April 2014 MAYBE
Exclusive Xbox One title made by Platinum Games to be shown NOT YET / FALSE
Microsoft will talk about DRM at GamesCom. There will never be a "rental" strategy. FALSE
DRM plans are actually worse than what they've [MS] stated. FALSE

Prior E3:

Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference. FALSE
Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference. FALSE
Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference. 1st half RIGHT, 2nd half wrong
No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed. FALSE
No DRM info for PS4. FALSE

Somewhere in between:

Xbox One will see a downclocking FALSE

Prior Xbox One launch:

The XBox One OS is buggy and will take months to fix FALSE
Xbox Live party chat won't work properly FALSE

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Osc89 said:
This was definitely wrong, a strike in the "Cboat isn't credible" column. Anyone keeping score?

Prior GamesCom / TGS:

PS4 will launch in late October FALSE
Microsoft will talk about DRM at GamesCom. There will never be a "rental" strategy. FALSE

Prior E3:

Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference. FALSE
Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference. FALSE
Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference. 1st half RIGHT, 2nd half wrong
No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed. FALSE

Somewhere in between:

Xbox One will see a downclocking FALSE

Prior Xbox One launch:

The XBox One OS is buggy and will take months to fix FALSE

It was Paul Thurott who broke the new first about Microsoft releasing a Xbox One with out Kinect .

What about the X1 twitch 2014 delay?

PS4 has this app from the launch (and it works well) but delayed to 2014 (so several months) on X1.

Maybe it was that app that caused problems on some X1 games. If it was the case Microsoft was smart to delay it.

This was an interesting read. Seems a few people really believed the rumor, turns out it was BS though!

DirtyP2002 said:
Osc89 said:

Prior GamesCom / TGS:

Prior E3:

Prior Xbox One launch:

I'm not sure how you can say any of these are false.

Around the Network

Cboat's track record just got a little crappier.

Gotta love the people being disingenious to try and paint cboat as not credible. In this case he was right. Penello even admitted it

This is funny now.

I had day 1 patch done in 5 minutes 30 seconds.

Never not been able to get onto Live and had a smooth OS since launch. Few things missing like One guide Sky intergration, but Sky already confirmed over the phone to me that it is on its way. My mates Virgin also confirmed its coming and Virgin even told hime they have a great relationship with Microsoft. Which may hint at exclusive UK stuff from Virgin to Microsoft. Why else would he have added that.

globalisateur said:
What about the X1 twitch 2014 delay?

PS4 has this app from the launch (and it works well) but delayed to 2014 (so several months) on X1.

Maybe it was that app that caused problems on some X1 games. If it was the case Microsoft was smart to delay it.

I dont get what this Twitch thing is.

I dont have twitch, but yet have uploaded my Xbox One Game DVRS to Skydrive, Youtube, Faebook and MySpace so far. Whats so special about Twitch??? What is it and why should I have it?

Also any game clip recorded and uploaded everyone in my friends list can instantly see in the Xbox Live Friends Activity Feed.

Whats the issue?

Max King of the Wild said:
Gotta love the people being disingenious to try and paint cboat as not credible. In this case he was right. Penello even admitted it

Right about what? xbl is working and won't take months to fix. Are you still saying he was right about that? Or right about something else?