By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF: Xbox One OS and XBL having issues that will take months to fix

Pemalite said:
Kane1389 said:
Pemalite said:
Kane1389 said:

There are many PCs out there that aren't as powerfull as PS4. In fact, most of them aren't.

Dude. Seriously. There are more PC's out that are faster than there are PS4's.

That wasnt my point. 

That's exactly the point. How can you claim there are many PC's out that aren't as powerfull as the Playstation 4 when the Playstation 4 isn't even available yet? Simple logic, 101.
Besides, when a game is released that needs higher system requirements people generally upgrade, so keep an eye on those Steam Statistics to see how it changes over the next 12 months.

I think you need to read my post again.

I stated that PS4 hardware (as in specs in a PS4 console) are more powerfull than most gaming PCs out there. I didnt say there are more PS4's than PCs out there, that would be dumb.

And I doubt we'll see a chage that soon. Most PC gamers arent enthusiasts like you and they dont go for overkill. You dont need 3x Radeon 7970 to play LoL, DOTA, ARMA and World of Tanks properly. We'll probably see your averige gaming PC being more powerfull than PS4 in about 3-4 years by which time PS5 will be announced and it'll obliterate most PCs on the market :)

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

hat the 90% of Gaf rumours that are always wrong?

Contrary to your opinion on the matter, I feel it clearly shows that one side is clearly frightend of something. Hence the needless false rumours proven false time and tim again. :)

I feel that it clearly shows how you are conveniently ignoring one site of the fence. How many people did you see in the Watchdogs-delay thread saying that it's exclusively bad for Sony? How many replies did the Driveclub-delay thread get? How many people are right now in this forum trying to spin the clear technical advantage of the PS4 version of Battlefield? Fact is bad news and rumours get more posts because they make for more interesting discussion. 

Kane1389 said:

I stated that PS4 hardware (as in specs in a PS4 console) are more powerfull than most gaming PCs out there. I didnt say there are more PS4's than PCs out there, that would be dumb.

And I doubt we'll see a chage that soon. Most PC gamers arent enthusiasts like you and they dont go for overkill. You dont need 3x Radeon 7970 to play LoL, DOTA, ARMA and World of Tanks properly. We'll probably see your averige gaming PC being more powerfull than PS4 in about 3-4 years by which time PS5 will be announced and it'll obliterate most PCs on the market :)

But that's like saying the Playstation 4 is more powerfull than all the consoles out right now, only natural how something new and shiny in the tech world is better than the prior versions isn't it?

And yes, you do need 3x 7970's play those games, at my resolution with everything on max.
My PC isn't exactly high-end though, it's enthusiast grade, you can't exactly buy it from Dell.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Kane1389 said:

But that's like saying the Playstation 4 is more powerfull than all the consoles out right now, only natural how something new and shiny in the tech world is better than the prior versions isn't it?

And yes, you do need 3x 7970's play those games, at my resolution with everything on max.
My PC isn't exactly high-end though, it's enthusiast grade, you can't exactly buy it from Dell.

Uh..PS4 is more powerfull than all the consoles out right now, whats your point?

And yeah, if you wanna play them at 1800p with 120FPS then sure, but thats not what i meant under properly

Kane1389 said:

Uh..PS4 is more powerfull than all the consoles out right now, whats your point?

And yeah, if you wanna play them at 1800p with 120FPS then sure, but thats not what i meant under properly

My point is, progression, just one platform never stands still long enough for the other to catch up.

I assume 1800P is a typo, because as far as I know (And I could be wrong) it doesn't exist.
So you must mean 1080P, which you couldn't pay me to use in anything other than a 5" phone.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
selnor1983 said:
Whats wrong with Neogaf and starting to happen to VGC?

Bad news Xbox One thread = 27 pages of posts.

Good news Xbox One page = Lucky to get past first page.

Blame MS fans who are too busy whining that too many neogaf rumors are being posted and they are being treated so badly. Blame the MS fans who can't carry a conversation. Blame the MS fans who cry that Sony fans run the internet. Seriously, instead of complaining about it like you are doing why don't you actually make conversation and talking about your likes enjoyable. It really isn't that hard to ignore the stuff you don't care about and post multiple times with numerous people who share the same interest as you... I mean fuck, only 4 people post in my NHL thread but its got a bunch of posts

What the 90% of Gaf rumours that are always wrong?

Contrary to your opinion on the matter, I feel it clearly shows that one side is clearly frightend of something. Hence the needless false rumours proven false time and time again. :)

I absolutely agree!! I wonder what's going to be the next tabloid rumor coming out of that forum. It's just pathetic how every week there is a new false rumor coming from there.

I do think someone is afraid and it's not the MS or the people buying the one.

DD_Bwest said:
bad news will always draw more attention, why do you think your nightly news cast spends so much time on sensational violence and disasters. As humans we love blood!

I agree. Bad news aleays attract human attention and people's interest. The current situation reminds me of the PS2 launch, when bad publicity for said console was all around, even before the machine was launched.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Pemalite said:
Kane1389 said:

My point is, progression, just one platform never stands still long enough for the other to catch up.

I assume 1800P is a typo, because as far as I know (And I could be wrong) it doesn't exist.
So you must mean 1080P, which you couldn't pay me to use in anything other than a 5" phone.

I still have no idea what you are saying, so i cant determine if you're right or wrong.

You constatly mentioned PC in this thread comparing it to PS4, in the manner that would make one believe PC is somehow universally more powerfull than the PS4. I stated that PS4 is in fact more powerfull than most PCs out there at the moment, and thus PC-Ps4 comparisson would be pointless, since a PC platforms vary from machine to machine. Try to be more objective

Kane1389 said:

I still have no idea what you are saying, so i cant determine if you're right or wrong.

You constatly mentioned PC in this thread comparing it to PS4, in the manner that would make one believe PC is somehow universally more powerfull than the PS4. I stated that PS4 is in fact more powerfull than most PCs out there at the moment, and thus PC-Ps4 comparisson would be pointless, since a PC platforms vary from machine to machine. Try to be more objective

Sure, the PS4 is more powerfull than allot of PC's, most PC's could do with a $200 GPU upgrade which would make them more powerfull than the Playstation 4.
Hence: Keep an eye on those Steam statistics as games get more demanding, people will upgrade.

Converesly there are still more PC's in the world that are more powerfull than the Playstation 4, how that one fact seems to escape you beats me.

CGI-Quality said:
Pemalite said:
Kane1389 said:

Not only is it non-existant, you won't be gaming @ 120fps in anything above 1080p (although, I gather that 1440p displays will soon be capable, which is when I'm making that res jump)!

You can get 1440P, 120HZ IPS panels. :)