By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Picture - 720p vs 900p vs 1080p

9087 said:

For those who think resolution doesnt matter or is barely noticable.....

From Left to Right

720p - 900p - 1080p

1080p makes a huge difference.

One of the main reasons I am moving to PS4 is because I am tired of blurry 720p and even sub-720p games on current gen.

1080p on PS4 will be glorious and should be mandatory for every next-gen game.

It should also be noted that the bigger your TV is, the more noticable the difference is. I play on a 60" LCD so 1080p is very important to me. 

Dude the difference is obvious as night and day.  I can easily tell the difference on my 13.3 inch gaming laptop with a Full HD screen.  

Some people act like they are lucky because they are not "forced" to get a higher res monitor.  But in reality you just have TERRIBLE eyesight.  Don't drive with me in the car!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
Seece said:
Madword said:
Seece said:
OP looks fake, majority of games this gen have been 720p and they have looked fine, as does the Xbox launch line up.

I think the big issue is that a static image doesnt necessarily translate to a moving image... well thats what I guess... i have no idea really...lol

Eh, I'd just disregard everything in the OP tbh.

i'd advise him to disregard you. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/10/battlefield-4-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-how-it-should-look-at-900p-and-720p-part-2-the-differences/

here is a link showing many, many examples. do you have any proof that this "looks fake" other than your bias? if you are going to call out the OP in 2 post, atleast be able to back your claims up as you certainly lost all your credibility in this thread with your previous posts.

other examples, i engourage the auther to put them in the OP. 

same order -720p - 900p - 1080p

pic pic pic

that's all fine but if you use the full screenshots and let people watch them on their tv, i think many won't really see a difference.

Really? Using those shots the difference is pretty obvious from 720P to 1080P.

I don't understand how anyone could not see the difference between the two.

NobleTeam360 said:
No way I believe those pictures to be 720p or 900p

They are, just upscaled to 1080p. There could be some kind of difference to real life results if the images shown here are simple stretchs, which doesn't happen on TVs, since they usually have good upscalers that use some kind of bilinear scaling algorithm which improves results a lot when compared to a simple image stretching(but still nowhere near the quality of native resolution content).

NobleTeam360 said:
No way I believe those pictures to be 720p or 900p

Enjoy your dream world.

Too_Talls said:

1. This post does two things for me. It contradicts yourself on the 1st page when you said the images were not zoomed in. because on the article it is clearly zoomed in parts of and overall screen shot.

2. Second it confirms that te res is a non issue for me. The res difference what I take from this adds more textures to minor details of a frame. Details that you need to zoom into in order to notice. So on a big TV were images are essentially "zoomed in" it would be more noticable than smaller TV's. personally I play on a 24 inch so I would not see a difference.

And most would not be able to appreciate the changes. in numbers of colors and  minor calculations. the differences are HUGE on paper. as for sitting in front of a TV playing a fast pace video game. those differences are reduced to small things that you can't see but remains in the back of your head for those that care about it that much.

1. I believe the images are cropped, not zoomed in. They're just taking a small segment to highlight differences, not blowing it up to make things look worse.

2. Depends how far away from your TV you sit. I game on PC on a 24" monitor and as I sit quite close so the difference between 720 and 1080 is like night and day. Sit far enough away and you probably wouldn't care.

Around the Network

Yes. 1080p is better than 720p. Not really a debate here about that.

It is near the end of the end....

Scoobes said:
crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
Seece said:
Madword said:
Seece said:
OP looks fake, majority of games this gen have been 720p and they have looked fine, as does the Xbox launch line up.

I think the big issue is that a static image doesnt necessarily translate to a moving image... well thats what I guess... i have no idea really...lol

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/10/battlefield-4-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-how-it-should-look-at-900p-and-720p-part-2-the-differences/

here is a link showing many, many examples. do you have any proof that this "looks fake" other than your bias? if you are going to call out the OP in 2 post, atleast be able to back your claims up as you certainly lost all your credibility in this thread with your previous posts.

pic pic pic

that's all fine but if you use the full screenshots and let people watch them on their tv, i think many won't really see a difference.

Cause they are zoomed images and most people play the game as a whole and not stare at a small non imortant part of the game. your not really "playing" a game if thats what your doing. and your eye sight will go bad if that practice keeps up.

Then differnt shades of black is all you would have to compare.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Pemalite said:
Contrast will still make a bigger difference in a games image quality than resolution will.
With that said though, do I notice a big difference between 1080P and 1440P on a 27" panel? You betcha'.
I'm looking forward to the very-soon-day where I can get 4k in the same panel size.

You and me both brother!

Too_Talls said:
Scoobes said:
crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
Seece said:
Madword said:
Seece said:

pic pic pic

Cause they are zoomed images and most people play the game as a whole and not stare at a small non imortant part of the game. your not really "playing" a game if thats what your doing. and your eye sight will go bad if that practice keeps up.

1) You have terrible eye sight if you cannot tell the difference between those resolutions.

2) It is actually good for your eyesight.

Too_Talls said:
Scoobes said:

They're not zoomed in, they're cropped. They're kept the same size but removed the background to highlight the differences in details that you'd actually see on screen.

Even in the full sized images the difference is obvious.