By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Picture - 720p vs 900p vs 1080p

Seece said:
Madword said:
Seece said:
OP looks fake, majority of games this gen have been 720p and they have looked fine, as does the Xbox launch line up.

I think the big issue is that a static image doesnt necessarily translate to a moving image... well thats what I guess... i have no idea really...lol

Eh, I'd just disregard everything in the OP tbh.

i'd advise him to disregard you. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/10/battlefield-4-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-how-it-should-look-at-900p-and-720p-part-2-the-differences/

here is a link showing many, many examples. do you have any proof that this "looks fake" other than your bias? if you are going to call out the OP in 2 post, atleast be able to back your claims up as you certainly lost all your credibility in this thread with your previous posts.

other examples, i engourage the auther to put them in the OP. 

same order -720p - 900p - 1080p

Around the Network
Seece said:
bananaking21 said:
Seece said:
OP looks fake, majority of games this gen have been 720p and they have looked fine, as does the Xbox launch line up.

its not fake, i seen this picture before in an article that had many more. you should accept the fact that there is a big difference between 720p and 1080p.

I've yet to see it with my own eyes, until then no, especially as I've seen no unbias sources for it.

All I know is there are so damn beautiful 720 games out there!

look at my post above. 

If these are zoomed in, all you have to do is a simple test.

Leave the pics on your screen and walk 3 feet back and tell if you see a noticable difference.

Heck, if they were zoomed out and you sat at regular range you couldn't tell a difference anyway UNLESS you're playing on a massive screen like 55''.

The difference is not that huge between 900p and 1080p in current gen games, the low texture resolution and heavy (shoddy) AA methods hide a lot of potential detail. You can still see a real difference in a simple comparision.

Crysis 2 on Ultra, 3 screen grabs.

1280x720 resampled to 1920x1080 (right click to view)

1600x900 resampled to 1920x1080

1920x1080 (ignore the window frame, win 8 won't take screenshots in full screen mode)

Comparison of the 3 pictures, cropping out the sign on the fence

The difference is only going to get bigger with better texture resolution and more refined AA methods.

The difference is very marginal from each bump in resolution. in those crysis 3 pics. It's removing the slightest blur.

Unless you're sitting up close and really looking for it, you won't notice it.

Around the Network

my screen is only 720p

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

just start a game on your pc, take some pics in the three different resolutions and throw them on your tv you would play on with your console (or much better, connect your pc to the tv) and compare the resolutions with each other. everything else is pretty pointless especially if you use another screen or another viewing distance as what you have when you play on console. it has to be exactly the same tv screen and viewing distance with screenshots in the full resolutions or better, real gameplay, to give you a real idea.

i as example have a big problem with a "low" resolution when i play on my pc monitor but when i play on my tv, 720p is ok for me. i sit very close to my tv so that i see a difference to 1080p but it is still much better as 720p screens on my pc screen and i also sit much closer to my tv as most people i know in real life.

Mmmmmmkhhhh right

Switch!!!

You can clearly see the difference in detail. I like it in 1080p, it looks way more hardcore, just the way I like it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Contrast will still make a bigger difference in a games image quality than resolution will.
With that said though, do I notice a big difference between 1080P and 1440P on a 27" panel? You betcha'.
I'm looking forward to the very-soon-day where I can get 4k in the same panel size.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--