By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Picture - 720p vs 900p vs 1080p

bananaking21 said:
Seece said:
Madword said:
Seece said:
OP looks fake, majority of games this gen have been 720p and they have looked fine, as does the Xbox launch line up.

I think the big issue is that a static image doesnt necessarily translate to a moving image... well thats what I guess... i have no idea really...lol

Eh, I'd just disregard everything in the OP tbh.

i'd advise him to disregard you. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/10/battlefield-4-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-how-it-should-look-at-900p-and-720p-part-2-the-differences/

here is a link showing many, many examples. do you have any proof that this "looks fake" other than your bias? if you are going to call out the OP in 2 post, atleast be able to back your claims up as you certainly lost all your credibility in this thread with your previous posts.

other examples, i engourage the auther to put them in the OP. 

same order -720p - 900p - 1080p

pic pic pic

that's all fine but if you use the full screenshots and let people watch them on their tv, i think many won't really see a difference.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Faker than the 1080p videos in youtube.

Its 100% real. Its from the BF4 Beta on PC. 

crissindahouse said:
bananaking21 said:
Seece said:
Madword said:
Seece said:
OP looks fake, majority of games this gen have been 720p and they have looked fine, as does the Xbox launch line up.

I think the big issue is that a static image doesnt necessarily translate to a moving image... well thats what I guess... i have no idea really...lol

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/10/battlefield-4-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-how-it-should-look-at-900p-and-720p-part-2-the-differences/

here is a link showing many, many examples. do you have any proof that this "looks fake" other than your bias? if you are going to call out the OP in 2 post, atleast be able to back your claims up as you certainly lost all your credibility in this thread with your previous posts.

pic pic pic

that's all fine but if you use the full screenshots and let people watch them on their tv, i think many won't really see a difference.

The difference is much easier to see when playing on a 40"+ TV

9087 said:
Wright said:

Faker than the 1080p videos in youtube.

Its 100% real. Its from the BF4 Beta on PC. 

I know it's 100% real it is fake.

9087 said:

The difference is much easier to see when playing on a 40"+ TV

from which distance? the distance from which 90% of people look at or the 10% like me and probably you who sit closer to their tv as it is "normal". it may be different in japan with the tiny apartments but the people i know don't sit almost in their tv like i do.

and people who really care so much about graphics play multiplat games on the pc where 720p is already from the stone age since years.

Around the Network
Fifaguy360 said:
You have to take into consideration the size of the screen and the distance at which you sit at.

I play on a PC 24'' monitor. 1080p, 720p all the same to me.

This. Got a giant ass TV? Then yeah 1080 will be great.

I guess a lot of xbone players don't have a 1080p TV to take advantage with PS4.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

No way I believe those pictures to be 720p or 900p

bananaking21 said:
Seece said:
Madword said:
Seece said:

This post does two things for me. It contradicts yourself on the 1st page when you said the images were not zoomed in. because on the article it is clearly zoomed in parts of and overall screen shot.

Second it confirms that te res is a non issue for me. The res difference what I take from this adds more textures to minor details of a frame. Details that you need to zoom into in order to notice. So on a big TV were images are essentially "zoomed in" it would be more noticable than smaller TV's. personally I play on a 24 inch so I would not see a difference.

And most would not be able to appreciate the changes. in numbers of colors and  minor calculations. the differences are HUGE on paper. as for sitting in front of a TV playing a fast pace video game. those differences are reduced to small things that you can't see but remains in the back of your head for those that care about it that much.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

My 32" TV in my bedroom (the TV I play my Xbox and PS3 on) is enough for me I don't need a giant 60 inch TV. I sit close to my TV so 60 inches would be overkill for myself.