By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favorite GameCube game and why?

Pikmin. First time I played it, felt like nothing I'd ever played before. Like I'd really landed on an alien world and I was exploring it for the very first time.

Unique gameplay mechanics; fascinating environments; great premise and bloody adorable. Still one of my favourite games of all time.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

it's an absolute masterclass in video game design.

Too bad it's not an absolute masterclass in geography design. It has the most grotesque depict of Spaniyards since, ever

The GC had some real gems, Soul Calibur II, Melee, Tales of Symphonia, MGS: Twin Snakes, Resident Evil 0, 4 plus the remake...

But for me it has to be Wind Waker. Loving the HD remake now too but for its day it was streets ahead of most games.

Resident Evil 4, greatest game on Gamecube and greatest of all-time.

The atmosphere is perfect, the combat was perfect, the setting, everything was flawless with it.
That's game design at its finest.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I probably played Melee the most but in the end I'd have to give it to Metroid Prime.

Hard choice though, the Gamecube had some real gems.

Around the Network

That's a hard question to ask me, mate! :)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Metroid Prime 2 and Wind Waker. Both these games were my faves.

Pikmin 2 gets Honorable mention.

Resident Evil 4. At the time of its release it seemed like a game from the future.

Metroid Prime for me, my second favorite game ever.

Either Metroid Prime or Resident Evil 4, depending on what mood I'm in. Both are masterpieces of game design and atmosphere. Still amazing games to this day. ^_^