By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS4 runs hotter than PS3 (updated!!)

bananaking21 said:
nnodley said:
Some mind-blowing revelations in dat post right there mayne! /s

the best part is that it triggers the Yellow Light Of Death when it reaches 35 degrees. though when we saw the PS4 overheat in that small confined space, the light turned red. hmmmmm PS4 is being delayed to 2014 confirmed so sony can change the light color? 

Shit!! Sony done fucked up.  :-p

Around the Network

B B B b B B B bB bb B but guys he's not random, he's the guy who wrote

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168634&page=

:'((((

mjk45 said:

You have it wrong it is refering to the temperature   each machine is running under the hood , hence the pS4 heat out put ranges between 5 -35C

Nonsense

bananaking21 said:

the best part is that it triggers the Yellow Light Of Death when it reaches 35 degrees. though when we saw the PS4 overheat in that small confined space, the light turned red. hmmmmm PS4 is being delayed to 2014 confirmed so sony can change the light color? 

Nonsense squared

While yes a few PS4's has over heated before release they were also not well ventilated. Sony is pretty good with hardware and even though the PS3 has had some issues it also isnt a large percentage of people who has had these issues. Last time I read up on it the failure rates was

Wii - 8%
PS3 - 14%
X360 17-18%

THose are off the top of my head so dont take my word for it. What I am trying to say is consoles are going to have occasional problems but as long as they dont have Red Ring like problems then customers wont care too much. I believe X360 was at 30%+ Failure rate before fixing the RRoD issues if not %40+. Once again it has been a while since ive read up on this but if im remembering correctly these are all very close to the numbers i read about on failure rates.

Around the Network

"Sony's PlayStation 4 will run at a significantly cooler temperature than the PlayStation 3, making it less likely to overheat.

Extensive testing by US government agency the FCC has revealed that the console will run at between 5 and 35 degrees Celsius, compared to its predecessor's average of between 45 and 55."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a500626/ps4-cooler-lighter-than-ps3-fcc-test-confirms.html#ixzz2imE0nPJ4
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Nidan who????
Lol! What a load of bollocks!

OP has zero knowledge of die shrinking or transistor fabrication in general it seems.

Nidan said:
blablabla

Nidan

You are mixing the allowed minimal/maximal room temperatures, the minimal/maximal temperatures inside the console and the maximal temperatures of the heat producing components (APU, power supply unit...)

Plus wild speculations since most of these temperatures aren't tested or annonced yet for the PS4.

That overclocking components beyond their specifications reduces the lifetime of the components is NO news... but there are no indications for the PS4.

Yes I know PS4 definitely runs hotter in popularity than PS3...