By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Europe or USA where would you live?

Where would you prefer to born?

USA 116 32.22%

Europe 244 67.78%

Total:360

USA. I enjoy getting everything I want, when I want it.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Europe any day, no way I'd want to live in the country of the hypocrites.

Funnily enough, no matter where you are from I can guarantee you that this is a hypocritical statement.  Lol.

Europe.

PDF said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I'd go for Europe, despite the risk of being born in some developing nation. Once I'm in Europe I can move to any country anyway.

Life is so good and comfortable in most of Europe.

What is it about the USA that causes you to select Europe?  Most people in the USA have comfortable life.  The GDP per capita is higher that most EU countries, so on average you are likely to be wealthier in the USA.  Or is it for other reasons?

So? London has the highest GDP per capita by far in the UK and by far the highest ammount of dissatisfaction with life according to surveys.

Either way, both Western Europe and the US are on a long term economic and moral decay. I would live on them right now, but not be born on them. In the future, saying the greatest country in the world will be as passé as saying as rich as an argentine, and the axis of power in Europe will inevitably shift eastwards toward Poland, Turkey and Russia.

Oh, and personally I would prefer to be born on Europe. A lot of people are not very fond of third world criminality standards and driving miles to get anywhere.

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:

CEO of the company I work for once told us that being born in the US is the equivalent of winning the lotto and that we should all be very grateful rather than constantly complain about everything, becauause there are much worse places where could have been born.

Yes, us US guys bitch and moan about a lot of things.

He is right though IMO and I wouldn't trade it for anything. So I would still choose to be born here, in the greatest country in the world.

He stole that from a famous quote by Cecil Rhodes (De Beers founder, links to Rothschild) from the 1800's

"To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life"

It was certainly true back then, I'm not sure any country can say that any more including the US (despite the US being probaly one of only three or four countries I could see myself living in other than England).  I visit the US every year and I love the place.  But it has its faults like any country.  its pluses far outweigh its faults however.  A few days in New York followed by a stay in Florida again for me in May.  Love it.

That thief! 

Thanks for the info though, I wondered if he thought that up all by himself.

Where in NY do you visit? Ever went to Long Island?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Ill stay in the USA.

Now add Japan to the list and its a different story.

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:

CEO of the company I work for once told us that being born in the US is the equivalent of winning the lotto and that we should all be very grateful rather than constantly complain about everything, becauause there are much worse places where could have been born.

Yes, us US guys bitch and moan about a lot of things.

He is right though IMO and I wouldn't trade it for anything. So I would still choose to be born here, in the greatest country in the world.

He stole that from a famous quote by Cecil Rhodes (De Beers founder, links to Rothschild) from the 1800's

"To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life"

It was certainly true back then, I'm not sure any country can say that any more including the US (despite the US being probaly one of only three or four countries I could see myself living in other than England).  I visit the US every year and I love the place.  But it has its faults like any country.  its pluses far outweigh its faults however.  A few days in New York followed by a stay in Florida again for me in May.  Love it.

That thief! 

Thanks for the info though, I wondered if he thought that up all by himself.

Where in NY do you visit? Ever went to Long Island?

Always in and around Manhattan, usually stay around Central park, but I should get out and about a bit more.  Never seem to finish doing what I want to do to venture further afield though, its essenatilally a city break.  It will be the same again in May as we only have 3 nights there before we fly down to Florida.

Any recommendations of things I may not have done before?

Would enitrely depend on what and where you have visited in Manhattan. Personally I dislike Manhattan and prefer the quiet setting here on the island or venturing to the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania.

Just went into contracts for my first home. Settled on the north shore in Sound Beach/Rocky Point. Quiet, relaxing and mere minutes from the beach. Full of trees too. Feels like the Pocono to me.

If you're more of a city guy then my options would bore you, lol.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Canada!

I was born in the Netherlands, didn't really like it there, too crowded. I do miss being able to hop in a car and be in a different culture in less then an hour, go to Paris for the weekend, or go train and ferry hopping to Italy and Greece in the summer. Plus I like the 7 seasons we get here as opposed to eternal spring/fall in the Netherlands.
The foothills of the Pyrenees close to the Mediterranean looks like a lovely place to live, close to Cannes. I'm enjoying Canada too much to leave again though.

@Kowenicki

I take it you bring the family with you when you come here? If so, ever took your little girl to Disney, Seaworld or Orlando Studios yet?

@OP

Apologies for taking this off topic. Have a habit of asking lots of questions when I get into conversations like this.

Currently playing:

Japan and Australia would be pleasant places but the gun thing instantly rules them out.

I won't live anywhere where Im not trusted with equal power in my hands as the government.