By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - COD: Ghosts PS4 Case Leaked - 49GB Install

Tagged games:

I feel sorry for the guys that want to go digital this gen.

Around the Network

dobby985 said:

Not if it's USB 3.0.

Even USB 3.0.

ethomaz said:

dobby985 said:

Not if it's USB 3.0.

Even USB 3.0.

5Gbps is immensley faster than fiber optic.

dobby985 said:

It is yet limited to the HDD speed... and the internet have direct connection to the bus... no software, driver, interface translate.

It is just impossible the same HDD be faster on external.

What you can have is for example a External 7200 RPM HDD fast than a Internal 5400 RPM HDD lol.

ethomaz said:

dobby985 said:

It is yet limited to the HDD speed... and the internet have direct connection to the bus... no software, driver, interface translate.

What you can have is for example a External 7200 RPM HDD fast than a Internal 5400 RPM HDD lol.

Obviously it's not as fast as internal SATA but USB 3.0 will be fine for running games.

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
ethomaz said:

dobby985 said:

Obviously it's not as fast as internal SATA but USB 3.0 will be fine for running games.

Hell, USB 2.0 is fast enough for running games. I don't notice any diffence running my games from my external 3,5" HDD vs internal HDD. Unless you use SSD's there's no big difference in speed.

CGI-Quality said:
KHlover said:
Related: This game is going to bomb on PC. No one buys disk games anymore and most people won't download a 50GB game...

Um, I'm getting the disc-based PC version. Too general of a theory. Plenty of people are doing the same.

Hyperbole :D

The version closer to reality would probably be: No one I know buys disk games on PC anymore. And no one they know. And no one their friends know.

CGI-Quality said:
KHlover said:
CGI-Quality said:
KHlover said:
Related: This game is going to bomb on PC. No one buys disk games anymore and most people won't download a 50GB game...

Um, I'm getting the disc-based PC version. Too general of a theory. Plenty of people are doing the same.

Hyperbole :D

The version closer to reality would probably be: No one I know buys disk games on PC anymore. And no one they know. And no one their friends know.

Which is a percentage so small, they aren't even worth mentioning. :D

That's true, but plenty of people also is a percentage not worth mentioning :D

But since VGC seems to have completely given up tracking PC games and we'll never see any sales numbers from Steam we'll never know who was right in the end :D

ethomaz said:

chris0409 said:

It may not be available at release but when the update is out I think we are in a better position with external hard drive support.

Why? External hard drive are slow compared with internet.

I think I'm missing something, what does the Internet have to do with something that can be done offline/locally?

I'm not really talking speed because I think a USB 3.0 external hard drive is satisfactory (games on USB 2.0 drives on 360s work fine), in terms of ease of use and usability it is better than an internal drive. I'm not sure about the price but I think external drives do tend to be cheaper, too.

Useless. They couldnt even hit 50g.

Not worth it.