By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - COD: Ghosts PS4 Case Leaked - 49GB Install

Tagged games:

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Mandatory installs are required to play a game that you have paid hard earned is bad enough. 49GB install and around 10 times larger than the standard 5GB install of PS3 games is a joke. Games are becoming less efficient despite the so called improved technology. The good old days of games running from the game disc within a few seconds it is put into your console machine ala PS1 and PS2 generations are a distant memory.

It must be a 4.9GB install, 49GB install sounds excessive unless the full game is installed to the hard drive. The 4.9GB on PS3 generation have been to just play the game with the disc in the drive.

Killzone: Shadow Fall.

No install. No logo screen. No load screem.

Only direct game menu.

PS. A lot of games will be full installed in the HDD this generation.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
kowenicki said:
-CraZed- said:
kowenicki said:
petroleo said:

lol this time pirates will suffer.

Also if this pic is true, so then is confirm the game is 1080p ;)

how?

Because it says 1080p on the cover.

Am i missing something?... it says it supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p. 

That appears on every Xbox 360 game I've got, probably PS3 too.  Confirms nothing except output compatibility.

It doesn't appear on every PS3 game, and unless a lot of 360 games are flat out lying, it doesn't appear on all of them either.

It's on every 360 game I have. Thats every cod title from black ops 2 down to mw2, gta 4 and 5, nba 2k 12 ans 13, red dead redemption, and the chronicles of riddick......thats all I can find. it appears on every one so I assume it appears on all the titles.......

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Mandatory installs are required to play a game that you have paid hard earned is bad enough. 49GB install and around 10 times larger than the standard 5GB install of PS3 games is a joke. Games are becoming less efficient despite the so called improved technology. The good old days of games running from the game disc within a few seconds it is put into your console machine ala PS1 and PS2 generations are a distant memory.

It must be a 4.9GB install, 49GB install sounds excessive unless the full game is installed to the hard drive. The 4.9GB on PS3 generation have been to just play the game with the disc in the drive. 

Just try to remember how long it took to load vice city on the ps2 and you will realize there were no good old days.

Too_Talls said:
adriane23 said:
kowenicki said:
-CraZed- said:
kowenicki said:
petroleo said:

lol this time pirates will suffer.

Also if this pic is true, so then is confirm the game is 1080p ;)

how?

Because it says 1080p on the cover.

Am i missing something?... it says it supports 720p, 1080i, 1080p. 

That appears on every Xbox 360 game I've got, probably PS3 too.  Confirms nothing except output compatibility.

It doesn't appear on every PS3 game, and unless a lot of 360 games are flat out lying, it doesn't appear on all of them either.

It's on every 360 game I have. Thats every cod title from black ops 2 down to mw2, gta 4 and 5, nba 2k 12 ans 13, red dead redemption, and the chronicles of riddick......thats all I can find. it appears on every one so I assume it appears on all the titles.......

If so, then that's very dishonest of MS. 2K is 1080p, but GTAV, Red Dead Redemption, and most other games definitely are not.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Too_Talls said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Just try to remember how long it took to load vice city on the ps2 and you will realize there were no good old days.

The game loads once and almost never after that, if i recal correctly

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Too_Talls said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

you recal incorrectly. the smaller the game, the less amount of game space would be rendered. so in an open world like vice city, that was pretty small overall. you had a long ass load crossing the bridge from island to island.

colafitte said:
500 gb doesn't seem so much with these file size. At least, you can update your HDD on ps4, but on X1...........some people are going to be in trouble soon.

It may not be available at release but when the update is out I think we are in a better position with external hard drive support.

chris0409 said:

It may not be available at release but when the update is out I think we are in a better position with external hard drive support.

Why? External hard drive are slow compared with internet.

Too_Talls said:
Kane1389 said:
Too_Talls said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

you recal incorrectly. the smaller the game, the less amount of game space would be rendered. so in an open world like vice city, that was pretty small overall. you had a long ass load crossing the bridge from island to island.

GTA V as well as RDR only had to load once and had no loading time afterwards. It made sense since they are open world games. I figured they used the same technology on the Vice City altho its been ages since I played it, so im not 100% sure

ethomaz said:

chris0409 said:

It may not be available at release but when the update is out I think we are in a better position with external hard drive support.

Why? External hard drive are slow compared with internet.

Not if it's USB 3.0.