By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Launch Thread

MRKs said:
Bought it, but I will not play it until I start and finish Apollo.

How is Dual Destinies for those who are playing it? I want to know if gumshoe is there!

Dont know yet, but im sure he will get at least a cameo. Cant have Edgeworth without gumshoe. ;)

Not wanting to spoil much, the first case is the one from the demo and the second is for AA4 fans. I havent advanced further than that cause i'm playing it alongside pokemon Y.  No fear though, the game lives up to expectations. Anyone who enjoyed the previous games will enjoy this.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wright said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wright said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
I really liked the demo (first time playing PW), so I'll definitely pick this up... eventually!

A strong word of advise: AA5 will spoil you the stories of almost all Ace Attorney games. I suggest playing through the saga first.

I'll just watch/read the stories of the previous games through the internets!

That's a big mistake, especially since you don't have the soundtrack creating the mood.

That's a big mistake because...? I don't see why I need music (which I could just youtube aswell) to understand a story.

The thing about AA games are the way they make you feel when playing, and the music is a BIG part of it.
you feel like a fucking smart badass when you yell OBJECTION! and this kicks in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5tABCrETE  < it makes you feel smarter

And when you kick serious ass by your deductive awesomeness skills, this kicks in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZ-Qu5dfgI

BRILIANT! yes, I'm biased as hell but these games are amazing :) watch a let's play video atleast

Edit: realized cornered is when you are kicking ass!(not messing up) YEAH! MANLY! (changed line to represent this)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Oh on the topic of the game not evolving... here are some improvements im happy to report for old players of the series. When you get too many penalties during court, you no longer have to restart the whole trial day, you can retry and you will resume where you failed.  So you no longer have to keep saving all the time and restarting the console to skip what you have already done.
Also, during investigations the lawyer keeps a notebook with a to-do list on the investigation. There is also an overview of the case. These are all great features when you havent played in a while or to just orient you during the investigation.

But hey... dont tell these things to our friends the reviewers, because the game doesnt evolve at all. I wonder if they even played the game for more than 15m before spewing such nonsense. Game is awesome. :)

I've never played any of the Ace Attorney games...
Is this an alright starting point???
Or should I start with another game???

Have a nice day...

Nem said:

When you get too many penalties during court, you no longer have to restart the whole trial day, you can retry and you will resume where you failed.

I've been, however, saving and loading whenever I totally screw up instead of using that "Retry" button. I know that won't change anything, but just in case...

There was something on Hotel Dusk: Room 215 that wouldn't show up if you'd ever used that "Retry" button.  I've been hesitant of "checkpoints" in games of these kind since then.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:

I'm not entirely sure how you would even make a point and click adventure WITHOUT it being linear...

This is off-topic, but of all the genres out there making a non-linear point-and-click should be the easiest thing in the world. If Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novels could do it, a point and click certainly can.

leedlelee said:

In terms of gameplay, the series hasn't evolved much (which are not a bad thing at all) , aside from a couple of improvements.

I suggest to try the first one to see if you like it or not, since this game has characters from the predecessors, and while there is not a "main plot" per se, you will miss a lot of the details.

Also the games and the characters are great, I don't know about this one but probably is great too :P

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Rol, for 1, i guess the picture could have been taken by you-know-who that afterwards lied about it.

So I'm just now blazing through Apollo Justice as part of my Ace Attorney binge. Easily my second-favorite game in the series, right behind T&T (which I've recently named my favorite DS game and fifth favorite game of the generation).

Now if you excuse me, I'll be rocking out.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

leedlelee said:

The easiest way to say this is: You should start with the first game and play through the main 4 games. If you're impatient you can always watch the lets play videos on outube.

The first 3 titles are a trilogy. So, in theory you either start on the first game or on the 4th. But if you start on the 4th you will be missing out on the backstory.

In theory you can start on this game aswell, but you wont know who all those returning characters are and you will have missed on pretty cool events.