By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Launch Thread

Pavolink said:
Any impressions so far? Here in Mexico is 399 pesos, so I want to invest my money wisely.

Finished the first case, it's pretty good so far. They made it pretty evident right off the bat that there are a ton of questions that will be tackled, probably in the later cases. 

The game feels more in line with Trials and Tribulations level of difficulty as opposed to Apollo Justice and Investigations. There was one cross examination that I had to restart on, mainly because I was a silly billy and overlooked something that should have been pretty obvious. There was also another section where it asked what the criminal was trying to hide, but it only accepts one answer despite there being two things the criminal did (and it acknowledges that the criminal wanted to hide the other as well).

There's a lot of mysteries going around. Interestingly enough, the game splits the first case into two days, but doesn't do anything in terms of investigations. I wish it had, as all of the characters (with perhaps the exception of Phoenix) certainly could have used a bit more development, but hopefully that'll be taken care of in the next two cases. 

On the other hand, the humor is definitely there, and is arguably the best in the series. My biggest fear coming into this game as well, that Phoenix would end up regressing in maturity and skill from Apollo Justice (to make him be a lawyer again) was pretty much dismantled right after he first appeared. He's arguably even cooler in this game than he was in Apollo Justice.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:

The launch trailer for Dual Destinies is live.

I'm much more of a fan of Edgeworth's voice when he's not objecting. Also, Simon's certainly going to be an interesting character.

"A prosecutor who's serving time? How do you still have your law license?"

"Hm. You of all people should know..."

Oh boy.

OH MY GOD EDGEWORTH'S VOICE IS AMAZING I THINK I'LL DIIEEEEE!!!! *_* :'D

Dang, I can't wait to play this game.

Finally. T_T

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

MTZehvor said:
Pavolink said:
Any impressions so far? Here in Mexico is 399 pesos, so I want to invest my money wisely.

Finished the first case, it's pretty good so far. They made it pretty evident right off the bat that there are a ton of questions that will be tackled, probably in the later cases. 

The game feels more in line with Trials and Tribulations level of difficulty as opposed to Apollo Justice and Investigations. There was one cross examination that I had to restart on, mainly because I was a silly billy and overlooked something that should have been pretty obvious. There was also another section where it asked what the criminal was trying to hide, but it only accepts one answer despite there being two things the criminal did (and it acknowledges that the criminal wanted to hide the other as well).

There's a lot of mysteries going around. Interestingly enough, the game splits the first case into two days, but doesn't do anything in terms of investigations. I wish it had, as all of the characters (with perhaps the exception of Phoenix) certainly could have used a bit more development, but hopefully that'll be taken care of in the next two cases. 

On the other hand, the humor is definitely there, and is arguably the best in the series. My biggest fear coming into this game as well, that Phoenix would end up regressing in maturity and skill from Apollo Justice (to make him be a lawyer again) was pretty much dismantled right after he first appeared. He's arguably even cooler in this game than he was in Apollo Justice.

Well, that sounds good. The humor was actually since the demo and it was one of the things a liked more. I need still to catch the series with the DS games. This will be my first one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
MTZehvor said:
Pavolink said:

Well, that sounds good. The humor was actually since the demo and it was one of the things a liked more. I need still to catch the series with the DS games. This will be my first one.

Hope you like it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the first case as well when you get through it.

Around the Network
Nem said:

You had excited me for a moment thinking it was the extra case. But, its only a few costumes.

Sorry, man xD But it's your fault for overexciting yourself: this is Capcom after all!

Ign's Review is disappointing. I may pick this up in the future as I beat the first one on DS a few years ago (and played halfway through the second one).

I didnt see the IGN review but i laughed all the way through the GT one.

This game is good, but theres no gameplay!!! It doesnt evolve, it plays like the other ones!!! We want the next game to be different!!!

Its laughable, really. Its too bad i cant see the comments on their website cause its such a cluster... you know what. But i would love for them to tell me what exactly they want to be changed about the game, because i doubt anything would work. Its a story based game. Its pretty much a book you interact with at certain moment. Its just the kind of game it is. You're not supposed to go around shooting people on EVERY game!

The problem with these people as i always said is that they sit down with a game they got for free and tell the game: Now, suprise me! That is NOT how someone who buys a game thinks. I am really sick of these so called "reviewers" that review technology isntead of entertainment. And i think they didnt even try to turn 3D on, because the 3D in the game is amazing. But hey... nothing changed, the game didnt evolve! Cmon... just get out of this business already, useless people. Go review TV's and toasters.

Wright said:
Nem said:

You had excited me for a moment thinking it was the extra case. But, its only a few costumes.

Sorry, man xD But it's your fault for overexciting yourself: this is Capcom after all!

Fair point. xD

shakarak said:
Ign's Review is disappointing. I may pick this up in the future as I beat the first one on DS a few years ago (and played halfway through the second one).

The IGN review is just awful, and I wouldn't let that discourage you from playing the game. The biggest complaints against the game is its linearity. I'm not entirely sure how you would even make a point and click adventure WITHOUT it being linear, but it's pretty evident that whoever was in charge of that shouldn't have been.

Bought it, but I will not play it until I start and finish Apollo.

How is Dual Destinies for those who are playing it? I want to know if gumshoe is there!

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin