By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE Next Gen Face-Off

pezus said:
They should combine the two "services" categories and make one for price. Seriously. Why is it not there?

Might be because it's fairly obvious? Most people can see the difference. Or did you mean value?

Around the Network

Wii u will beat both

pezus said:
And in my unbiased opinion PS4 wins all categories

And everyone knows how unbiased you are, right pezus! :P

pezus said:
IsawYoshi said:
pezus said:
They should combine the two "services" categories and make one for price. Seriously. Why is it not there?

Might be because it's fairly obvious? Most people can see the difference. Or did you mean value?

Why does it matter that it's obvious? It's still a factor. Probably the biggest one, aside from the hardware itself.

I would have it in the article, but I wouldn't have it on the list. The same way that I don't want game reviews to have a game's price as a plus or a minus. But that might just be me, since everyone doesn't have money to buy everything (neither do I, but you got my point), so Imight not be qualified to talk about it. :D

Needless to say, to me the biggest factor is the games, and nothing else. 

Carl2291 said:
PS4 wins 6-4, though Xbox One wins in the most important areas - Launch Games and Controller. All in all pretty even as expected.

We aint gonna see the major differences 'till 12-18 Months down the line.

true story

Around the Network
pezus said:

Exactly, something like, "best value for your money"

So I've actually held both X1 and PS4 controllers, and I can safely say that X1 controller is more comfortable still, despite the battery thing, I personally prefer ergo and comfort on gamepads, so I give it to the X1. DS4 is better than DS3 for sure though, by a few miles.

ListerOfSmeg said:
platformmaster918 said:
DanneSandin said:
Next Gen face off? Where's Wii U then? they'd at least nick the "First Party Studios" and "Second Screen Experience" ^^ so it would more be like:
Xbox: 4
Sony: 4
Nintendo: 2

second screen experience I'll give you but even if you consider Nintendo's first party better than Sony's they're more divided when it comes to handheld development.  Don't get me wrong I love Nintendo and I love Wii but the amount of big titles they've put out over this gen for me includes DKCR, SMG1 and 2, Zelda TP and SS, SSBB, and Metroid Prime 3.  So we'll give em 10 because maybe you liked a couple more than me.

Meanwhile Sony has given me Uncharted 1-3, Ratchet (ToD, Q4B, ACiT), Resistance 3 (wasn't a fan of the first 2 so I'll exclude them), Killzone 2-3, Infamous 1-2, Sly 4, LoU, Heavy Rain, Beyond, GoW 3 and Ascension, LBP 1-2, and we can count Journey, Flower, Twisted Metal, and Flow all as 1 since they're smaller.  So about 21 and I haven't gotten around to Puppeteer or Ratchet Nexus yet (obviously Ratchet since it's not out yet).  

So IMO IMO IMO they don't win first party for a console at least.  And in the end an opinion is all an article like this is.

Wait. You didnt like the first 2 Resistance games but got the 3rd? Who keeps buying games in a franchise they dont like til one comes out they do like? I also like when it comes to Nintendo it has to be a big title. When it comes to Sony it can be anything even digital.

I got Resistance 2 and played 1 at a friend's.  I loved what they were saying leading up to 3 (upgrading weapons, no 2 weapons limit, no regenerating health, more personal story, etc.).  Fine eliminate the digital.  I thought saying IMO three times would negate this kind of stuff.  I knew some would take it as an insult if I disagreed with their opinion.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

ListerOfSmeg said:

Controller - Wii U
Hardware - PC
Launch Games - Xbox One
Indie Support - PC
First Party Studios - Wii U
Second Screen Experience - Wii U
Social Services - PC/Wii U (Miiverse)
Cloud Tech - PC
Media and Services - PC
Development Ease - PC
So for me fits 1 X1, 3 Wii U, 4 PC. and a tie for 1 between Wii U and PC. Just my opinion comparing all platforms fairly

Um...PC doesn't conform to generations. No two PC's are created equal so it really comes down to the parts and the owners mentality on investment. PC never counted. Wii U is on its own come 2015 because multiplats will not be ported. They will be on their own. The next gen war will remain PS4, Xbone so thats why they are only talking about those two consoles. Nintendo kicked themselves out of the next gen war and they have no one to blame but themselves.

So now edge's opinion so important coz PS has more wins? lol. Why don't people just wait till launch to experience themselves,