By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IF Capcom Goes Under Where Do You Want Their Franchises To Go?

Why do people think Capcom is even at risk of going under?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo = Perfect.
Resident Evil - Konami =Not bad.
Street Fighter - Namco = Great.
Monster Hunter - Nintendo, more specifically Monolith Soft = Match made in heaven.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Nintendo = You got it right.
Breath of Fire - Nintendo, Intelligent Systems = 100% Correct
Dead Rising - Valve = Or kojima Productions of Konami.
Devil May Cry - Sony, undecided which studio yet = Sony Santa Monica.
Lost Planet - LET IT DIE! = Its already finished.
Okami - Nintendo = Sony Japan Studio.
Viewtiful Joe - Platinum Games = They deserve this game.
Marvel vs Capcom - Netherealm Studios = Sounds good.

If there are any that I forgot let me know.

Here is my opinion. I also made some suggestions. How does it look?

DucksUnlimited said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Monster Hunter - Nintendo, more specifically Monolith Soft
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Nintendo
Breath of Fire - Nintendo, Intelligent Systems
Dead Rising - Valve
Devil May Cry - Sony, undecided which studio yet
Lost Planet - LET IT DIE!
Okami - Nintendo
Viewtiful Joe - Platinum Games
Marvel vs Capcom - Netherealm Studios

Netherealm doing MvC would be weird. Their style of fighting games is really different from Capcom's so I'm not sure it would fit. I actually like Netherealm's fighters better though, so I guess I wouldn't mind. The rest sounds like decent matches to me. I'd say SSM could make a seperate team for DMC, seeing as they're kind of regarded as the hack n' slash masters, although it might be kind of redundant to have them work on two fairly similar games. Maybe give it to Nintendo/Retro or something? Also, I never played Soul Sacrifice but heard it had a lot of great things going for it, so Sony Japan's take on Monster Hunter could be very interesting.

The only one I dont agree with is DMC to Sony. We would see 9 DMCs over the next 6 years til people tired of it then it would be left for dead. They make good games but they also oversaturate the market with them. Killzone is slowly falling and its not because of a lack of quality. Its just too many games in too little time.

I would like to see Sony get resident evil

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Tbh I wouldn't give anything to Nintendo, They would just turn the franchises into something I just wouldn't want to see.
Mega Man - Give it Keiji Inafune
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Monster Hunter - Koei, Namco or Sony
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Level-5
Breath of Fire - Level-5
Dead Rising - Valve
Devil May Cry - Sony
Lost Planet - Scrap it
Okami - Sony (Japan Studio with team Ico)
Marvel vs Capcom - Namco

Around the Network
ListerOfSmeg said:
DucksUnlimited said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Dead Rising - Valve
Okami - Nintendo

Netherealm doing MvC would be weird. Their style of fighting games is really different from Capcom's so I'm not sure it would fit. I actually like Netherealm's fighters better though, so I guess I wouldn't mind. The rest sounds like decent matches to me. I'd say SSM could make a seperate team for DMC, seeing as they're kind of regarded as the hack n' slash masters, although it might be kind of redundant to have them work on two fairly similar games. Maybe give it to Nintendo/Retro or something? Also, I never played Soul Sacrifice but heard it had a lot of great things going for it, so Sony Japan's take on Monster Hunter could be very interesting.

The only one I dont agree with is DMC to Sony. We would see 9 DMCs over the next 6 years til people tired of it then it would be left for dead. They make good games but they also oversaturate the market with them. Killzone is slowly falling and its not because of a lack of quality. Its just too many games in too little time.

Name me one game that Sony has made 9 of in 6 years? There has been 6 Killzones in 9 years and only 4 in the main series that hasn't got shit on half the franchises out there. Assassins Creed anyone? 10 games in 6 years? Halo 9 in 12 years. These are common thrends Sony doesn't do it anymore than others so don't try spin that rubbish.

BasilZero said:
Jumpin said:

Jumping the gun via: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/oct/19/capcom-doesnt-have-resources-next-generation-fighting-game-currently-ono-responds-kickstarter-suggestion/

I think people are mixing up resources and money. Resources typically refers to the available staff or teams.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
BasilZero said:
Jumpin said:

Jumping the gun via: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/oct/19/capcom-doesnt-have-resources-next-generation-fighting-game-currently-ono-responds-kickstarter-suggestion/

I think people are mixing up resources and money. Resources typically refers to the available staff or teams.

I've posted this in every single capcom thread yet people don't listen or even evaluate... so here it goes again.

Here's a table of company's taken from 2013 financial reports. It's more complicated than this, Revenue, Profit, direction, etc is all important. And the fact that their IP's failed to meet their expectations definetely hurts the companys longterm. Fact is, they had bombs last year and still profited... yet they're doomed.

The quick ratio is a good  indicator on how likely they are to go belly up because of their ability to meet financial obligations.  Quick Ratio>1 means not bad, though the exact quick ratio desired I don't know, as too high isn't necessarily good. I don't know what the desired ratio is for Videogame industry.

(Current Ratio-Inventories)/Current Liabilites (Not the things in the columns). I'm not an expert, I just read into financial reports without financial tools if anyone wants to correct me, these reports are annoying to find and read, I welcome it. I just think facts are better than illogical conclusions.

ishiki said:
Company Total Assets Total Liabilities Quick Ratio (Higher Is Better)
Nintendo 16.3 Billion 3.5 Billion 5.22
Actvision Blizzard 13.4 Billion 3.2 Billion 4.38
Capcom 1.04 Billion 410 Million 1.69
Sega Sammy 528 Million 208 Million 2.63
Square-Enix 1.98 Billion .79 Billion
Take 2 1.277 Billion 689 Million 2.48
EA 5.07 Billion 2.8 Billion

Sony 155 Billion
125 Billion

ListerOfSmeg said:
DucksUnlimited said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Here's my list:

Mega Man - Nintendo
Resident Evil - Konami
Street Fighter - Namco
Dead Rising - Valve
Okami - Nintendo

We got 3 KZ games over the course of 7 years. That's more than two years time between them on average.  I wouldn't really call that oversaturating, especially not to the extent you're implying. Hell, the PS3 has been out 7 years and I can't think of any first party franchise that had more than 3 installments on it. KZ3 had a slight drop off in sales, yes, but it also wasn't received quite as well as its predecessor. Anyway, like I said, SSM working on it may make it too GOWish, and I don't know what other Sony studio could do it, so I'd like to see Retro take a stab at it.

First, on topic, as long as fighting games go to Namco, all is well. They have some great franchises they should bring back regardless, I think the fighting game genre is one severely lacking in the West.

Mr Puggsly said:

They could make a ton of money just offering exclusivity to Microsoft or Sony. Clearly that's why Dead Rising 3 is a X1 exclusive.

This makes me wonder, there are many games that Capcom or others produce that, while potentially good games, don't sell as many as they could. Remember Me being a good example, made by a new smallish studio and Published by Capcom yet has only sold 200 thousand copies. It's the kind of game that if a bit of money hatting was involved (and a bit more development) you could have had a X1 or PS4 launch title which would have silly amount of hype for no reason, sell lots and could have spawned sequals, making more money for Capcom and the development team.

Hmm, pie.