By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

From that link of gergroy, as others have been saying, the Xbox to PS2 gap was monstrous! That's such a huge difference in almost every category it's barely even measurable!

Around the Network

PS4 is simply more capable than the Xbox One. Fanboys need to simply deal with it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

nightsurge said:
From that link of gergroy, as others have been saying, the Xbox to PS2 gap was monstrous! That's such a huge difference in almost every category it's barely even measurable!

Yeah, it looks to easily be more than 40%.  At least twice as powerful if you actually look at the performance of the system (i.e. Polygons, resolution, texture, etc.). The forum post ethomaz copied was basically an extended 'teh cell' rant, but on the emotion chip instead.  Now, personally, I will admit that I dont know much about this stuff, but when you research it and find all the professional people saying xbox is ahead in all these areas and the only people saying ps2 is ahead are random forum posts... I just have a hard time believing it.  

gergroy said:

Yeah, it looks to easily be more than 40%.  At least twice as powerful if you actually look at the performance of the system (i.e. Polygons, resolution, texture, etc.). The forum post ethomaz copied was basically an extended 'teh cell' rant, but on the emotion chip instead.  Now, personally, I will admit that I dont know much about this stuff, but when you research it and find all the professional people saying xbox is ahead in all these areas and the only people saying ps2 is ahead are random forum posts... I just have a hard time believing it.

I did copied the tech info... the * bla * is my comments... you can't find it in anyways.

BTW http://arstechnica.com/features/2000/04/ps2vspc/1/ or http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2000/02/ee/

PS2 CPU was really strong than any PC CPU (Xbox CPU) but a lot. Xbox is inded strong than PS2 but not that huge gap or if you think the PS2-Xbox gap was monstruos then you be surprised because the Xbone-PS4 gap showed in games graphics will be even bigger than what you saw in PS2-Xbox.

Jus make a test...

Compare the best looking Xbox game with God of War II, Shadown of Colossus, Gran Turismo 4, etc... and remember the Xbox was easy to programmer and create games... PS2 was a pain in the ass close or worst than PS3... few deves used the VPUs.

You will see the difference is not that big.

nightsurge said:

If you think the Xbox to PS2 gap was monstrous then you will see a bigger gap than this monstruos on PS4 to Xbone... the game will be more different in gaphic terms than Xbox to PS2.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:

So apparently Microsoft's Albert Penello isn't even allowed to know the Xbox One's Call of Duty Ghosts resolution.

This is weird since I know for a fact that many people do know what its resolution is but can't say due to Microsoft's embargo.

I missed these tweets... seems like MS didn't want to people know how the game are running before the launch... make sense if you are running below the competition.

And Penello... lol... caugh trying to spin again.

the-pi-guy said:
JoeTheBro said:
the-pi-guy said:
JoeTheBro said:
the-pi-guy said:
FATALITY said:
JoeTheBro said:

But it has space!

f**k that s*it!

ive bought every single COD since COD 3 (PS: i dont give a fuck about MP, first time i tried some kids were making love on one of those zombie maps, never touched again) anyway, i really was hyped for ghost i thought this could be the first next-gen cod but we all know how it turns out

Huh, that sounds.... really weird.  Did you try muting them or...?

Don't you dare do that bandwith saving image replacement ever again!

Awww, not even as a joke?  Do you get what I did?  

No?

You got what I did.  I know you did.  

If you really didn't, I replaced a GIF with a JIF.  

Lamest thing ever, I know...

Nope still don't get it. Please keep explaining.

JoeTheBro said:

The right way to pronumciate GIF is "JIF"... so he made a joke about that.

You posted a "JIF".

I guess lol.

PS, But I guess you just want the 1000 posts

ethomaz said:

JoeTheBro said:

The right way to pronumciate GIF is "JIF"... so he made a joke about that.

You posted a "JIF".

I guess lol.

PS, But I guess you just want the 1000 posts

A jif? I do believe you are confused sir.

lol now this thread is a PS2 vs xbox thread?