By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

Too_Talls said:
From what I saw the graphics difference between the ps2 and xbox was huge. back then I was in all three worlds. The xbox games were extremely noticeable how much better things looked on it. splinter cell halo and ninja guiden comes to mind. GTA metal gear and final fantasy made ps2 a must have for me and I was still fairly young so I had the game cube for obvious reasons. I always thought metal gear looked good on the playstation but when one of the same things went to the xbox it completely changed my view of the playstation version. I even gt the impression that the game cube was pushing games looking smoother than the ps2, choppy is the word that comes to mind when I think about it.

the upcoming gen all we have are a few clips and numbers pretty much not a whole lot to go off of. Tell me, whats the best place to stream HD game footage online? I was just watching drive club on facebook and forza 5 on youtube and drive club looked way better. I'm thinking youtube might have held forza back because people seem to think it's pretty.

Gamecube and xbox were actually really close to each other. It was similar to the 7th gen except the difference between the top and bottom was smaller. PS2=Wii, GameCube=360, XBOX=PS3.

Around the Network
DD_Bwest said:
TheSting said:
DD_Bwest said:
at what age should someone be allowed to start playing COD?

does a lower resolution make it less realistic and more acceptable for a younger audience? lol

6 no 5. The less resolution the more the guns look like Super Soakers. Just wait till you see the Xbox One version of COD 

I taught my 7yo to play zombies lol hes getting pretty good to.  Made it to 25 in ascension by himself the other day

Man, I'm so glad my son got off of playing Zombies. He used to keep the Xbox on literally for days playing it, pausing it over night to continue the next day. On those really high rounds the zombies take so long to kill. His personal best is 107 on Ascention, solo. I share this story to serve as a warning to not let your kid get that into it XD. If you want to cultivate his zombie skills, have him study TheRelaxingEnd's YT vids.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

landguy1 said:
They are releasing the new COD game on the PS4?

Yes. It's on all five home entertainment systems.

RazorDragon said:
So Xbox One is just a slightly better current gen console? Seriously, hardware difference between XOne and PS4 is minimal, if it runs at 720p on one console, it simply won't run at 1080p on another.

Well just because the 360 and XBONE versions run at similar resolutions, it doesn't mean the 360 version will look as good. Basically they have the current gen versions on low settings while next gen systems are on high settings.

Dark_Feanor said:
CGI-Quality said:
Dark_Feanor said:

What about the infamous "The Last of Us" E3 2012 that was much more evolved than the real game release almost one year after?

According to who? The game played just like they showed. 

There is a whole thread about it, look for it at youtube. The game was cleary downgrade, textures, animation, IA, models details. Or we could go to the "in game" annoucement trailer of 2011... any way, the game was still fantastic good looking and imercive (even being sub 720p).- WRONG, very wrong sir

Do you want more?

What about the many GTA V videos? I´ve saw no jegged lines nor pop-ups on those.

What about Halo 2 annoucement trailer? When later they have to drop the enteire build and cut the game by half.

The list goes on.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
landguy1 said:

You are working hard for the 1000 aren't you?  Replying to every crazy comment  :)

TheSting said:
DD_Bwest said:
TheSting said:
DD_Bwest said:

does a lower resolution make it less realistic and more acceptable for a younger audience? lol

6 no 5. The less resolution the more the guns look like Super Soakers. Just wait till you see the Xbox One version of COD 

I taught my 7yo to play zombies lol hes getting pretty good to.  Made it to 25 in ascension by himself the other day

That is impressive. My nephew is 10 and I told him he wouldn't beat me in NBA anymore he won a few picking a very good team against my crap team dude is on my ass. He's quite good at it I must admit. Just to you all though lol. 

Im kinda hard on him when it comes to gaming..  "dad i cant do this can you do it for me"   response:  "You not being able to do it means you need to practice and figure it out for yourself, you wanna get as good as me, you play until you beat it.  when i was a kid i didnt have the internet to look up how to beat shit, quit your whining"  it really pissed him off at first but hes got alot better.  I want him to be the best out of his friends haha.. hes already going to be the first in his class to be next gen.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

landguy1 said:
JoeTheBro said:
landguy1 said:

You are working hard for the 1000 aren't you?  Replying to every crazy comment  :)

I am only following orders. If you have a problem, please take it up with management.

toadslayer72 said:
DD_Bwest said:
TheSting said:
DD_Bwest said:

Man, I'm so glad my son got off of playing Zombies. He used to keep the Xbox on literally for days playing it, pausing it over night to continue the next day. On those really high rounds the zombies take so long to kill. His personal best is 107 on Ascention, solo. I share this story to serve as a warning to not let your kid get that into it XD. If you want to cultivate his zombie skills, have him study TheRelaxingEnd's YT vids.

Ill actually be happy when he grows out of zombies as he begs me to play with him,  and to me its so mindless and dull after having played it so long..  Im actually tired of COD,  Ive bought the last 7.. with zero intention to get ghost.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

WebMasterFlex said:
ethomaz said:

TheSting said:

Soooooooooooo what difference will that make? Will PS fans have more fun than Xbox fans?

No. Just we will pay less for more.

This but it's all about Killzone Shadow Fall for me. Good for COD's fans though on PS4.

this guy gets it.

now seriously!

cod looks horrible, there is nothing good about that game

bland ass ugly maps 

same old engine

no thank u

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)