By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

DD_Bwest said:
at what age should someone be allowed to start playing COD?

does a lower resolution make it less realistic and more acceptable for a younger audience? lol

6 no 5. The less resolution the more the guns look like Super Soakers. Just wait till you see the Xbox One version of COD 

Around the Network
TheSting said:
DD_Bwest said:

does a lower resolution make it less realistic and more acceptable for a younger audience? lol

6 no 5. The less resolution the more the guns look like Super Soakers. Just wait till you see the Xbox One version of COD 

I taught my 7yo to play zombies lol hes getting pretty good to.  Made it to 25 in ascension by himself the other day

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Osc89 said:
Seems unlikely. I thought MS was forcing parity for their version of everything?

No that's kinda ridiculous.

gergroy said:

Wait, I thought you knew hardware really well?  Original xbox versus ps2 was much bigger difference in terms of power than 50%.  I mean, the xbox cpu was more than twice that of the ps2, double the ram, better gpu, etc.  xbox was more like 2 to 3 times more powerful.  Go back and look at the specs.  It was easily much more clear cut than x1 vs ps4.

No.

CPU Winner: PS2

32-bits Pentium III CPU @ 733Mhz vs 128-bits Custom with two specialized VPUs @ 300MHz 

-Data bus, cache memory as well as all registers are 128 bits on the PS2 CPU while the XBox CPU is 32 bits.
-It has a max. performance of 6.2GFLOPS while the XBox CPU can only do a bit over 3 GFLOPS.
-It incorporates two 64-bit integer units (IU) with a 128-bit SIMD multi-media command unit, two independent floating point vector calculation units (VU0, VU1), an MPEG 2 decoder circuit (Image Processing Unit/IPU) and high performance DMA controllers. Yes, this is all on the emotion engine itself.

* The PS2 is so powerful that it have a GPU just to video output... no GPU at all *

GPU & VRAM Winner: Xbox

nVidia GPU @ 250Mhz vs Custom @ 150Mhz

-The XBox GPU can do 125 million polygons (according to Microsoft) while the PS2 GS can only do 75million polygons
-The XBox GPU has a max. resolution of 1920x1080 and the PS2 GS can do 1280x1024, the rest of the graphics chip will be comparable to NV-20 chip.

* PS2 GPU is weak and only used to framebuffer and video output... Xbox have a better GPU here with more modern effects *

RAM Winner: Tie

32MB Direct RDRAM 2 channels at 800MHz (3.2GB/s) vs 64MB DDR SDRAM 2 channels at 200 MHz (6.4GB/s)

* There are some tricks here... PS2 have the VRAM @ 48GB/s for framebuffer (yeah like 360 eDRAM) and the PS2 CPU had a MPEG2 decoder so it really compress/decompress images far way fast than Xbox... now it is not me but developers said the PS2's memory system works better than the Xbox *

Overall Winner: Xbox

The PS2 CPU beat both Xbox's CPU or GPU when compared separately but when you combine the them the Xbox have a good advantage in raw power between 20% and 30%.

Xbox is more powerful but it is not like you think... PS2 CPU was a 128-bits monster... it alone hold the graphics on PS2 and you can see that on Gran Turismo 4, God of War II, Shadown of Colossus, etc... while Xbox have the top graphics the difference was not big like this new generation.

BTW Gamecube was as powerful or even slightly more than Xbox

FrancisNobleman said:
Full resolution can probably be bought as separate DLC, delivered with the power of the cloud of course.

That's actually possible. No need to joke.

Around the Network

WOW Banana was talking about 1000 post and I guessed it was at ~800 but.....

ONLY NEAR 500 lol lol lol

They are releasing the new COD game on the PS4?

DD_Bwest said:
TheSting said:
DD_Bwest said:

I taught my 7yo to play zombies lol hes getting pretty good to.  Made it to 25 in ascension by himself the other day

That is impressive. My nephew is 10 and I told him he wouldn't beat me in NBA anymore he won a few picking a very good team against my crap team dude is on my ass. He's quite good at it I must admit. Just to you all though lol. 

From what I saw the graphics difference between the ps2 and xbox was huge. back then I was in all three worlds. The xbox games were extremely noticeable how much better things looked on it. splinter cell halo and ninja guiden comes to mind. GTA metal gear and final fantasy made ps2 a must have for me and I was still fairly young so I had the game cube for obvious reasons. I always thought metal gear looked good on the playstation but when one of the same things went to the xbox it completely changed my view of the playstation version. I even gt the impression that the game cube was pushing games looking smoother than the ps2, choppy is the word that comes to mind when I think about it.

the upcoming gen all we have are a few clips and numbers pretty much not a whole lot to go off of. Tell me, whats the best place to stream HD game footage online? I was just watching drive club on facebook and forza 5 on youtube and drive club looked way better. I'm thinking youtube might have held forza back because people seem to think it's pretty.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

ethomaz said:

WOW Banana was talking about 1000 post and I guessed it was at ~800 but.....

ONLY NEAR 500 lol lol lol

Shouldn't be a problem.