By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (UPDATE) (RUMOR) Super Smash Bros 3DS could release first before the Wii U version via Play N Date

Tagged games:

fedfed said:
Wow. If mario kart 8 is in spring, bayonetta 2 as well and now smash between may and june what is left for wii u during the holidays 2014? Zelda U and animal crossing U and Monolith project?

Zelda, X, Yoshi, smt x fe, unannounced titles.

Around the Network

If this is true then Zelda U for late 2014 confirmed.

I doubt it will be that soon. And even if Nintendo think it will be that soon, delaytendo will certainly strike again.

I always said that game would come out in fall 2014. Late october at the earliest, early december at the latest. But I guess May is the second most plausible option since it would mean probably not long after MK8 to build some serious momentum that maybe Nintendo hopes to keep till their big holyday launches wich we no nothing about.

If they have something really big planned for Holyday 2014, I say maybe, if the best they can do for Holyday 2014 is once again Mario, then no.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Zero999 said:
fedfed said:
Wow. If mario kart 8 is in spring, bayonetta 2 as well and now smash between may and june what is left for wii u during the holidays 2014? Zelda U and animal crossing U and Monolith project?

Zelda, X, Yoshi, smt x fe, unannounced titles.

& Few more HD remakes as well (Metroid trilogy perhaps...setting up the new Retro '15 release)

Sounds plausible, considering this is one of their big guns would be foolish not to release it during the holiday where it could push consoles but in 2015? Kind a bad move by Nintendo in my opinion!

Around the Network

Update

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

3DS early launch? Please no no no.

That'd be pretty fuckin' dumb, in all honesty. I know there are some lazy shits out there who only own a 3DS that are interested in that version. But let's be honest, MOST people who are interested in the new game, want the REAL version, aka the HD, Next Gen Wii U version. I still to this day think it was a horrible move on Nintendo's part to have two versions of the game. If they wanted to make a 3DS Smash later on, AFTER the Wii U version comes out, great. But having both, and diverting development to even bother with a 3DS version, let ALONE consider the fact that they've said they're going to have to cut some stuff so that "both versions can be equal" (which is asinine). Yeah. It's just nuts.

It would be pretty stupid though for them to release the 3DS version first, considering that it could potentially eat into the sales of the Wii U version. How many people are honestly going to want to get both, or can afford it?

DevilRising said:
That'd be pretty fuckin' dumb, in all honesty. I know there are some lazy shits out there who only own a 3DS that are interested in that version. But let's be honest, MOST people who are interested in the new game, want the REAL version, aka the HD, Next Gen Wii U version. I still to this day think it was a horrible move on Nintendo's part to have two versions of the game. If they wanted to make a 3DS Smash later on, AFTER the Wii U version comes out, great. But having both, and diverting development to even bother with a 3DS version, let ALONE consider the fact that they've said they're going to have to cut some stuff so that "both versions can be equal" (which is asinine). Yeah. It's just nuts.

It would be pretty stupid though for them to release the 3DS version first, considering that it could potentially eat into the sales of the Wii U version. How many people are honestly going to want to get both, or can afford it?

People bought Mario Karts and New Super Mario Bros. on Wii and DS so cost is not an issue if quality is there. Releasing too close to each other could be potentially bad though, like New Super Mario Bros. 2 and U.