By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (UPDATE) (RUMOR) Super Smash Bros 3DS could release first before the Wii U version via Play N Date

Tagged games:

I do hope its late spring/early-mid summer tho.

Would make my summer job more fun. ;p

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
geddie221 said:

My friend is Japanese and has a Japanese and American Wii U. On his Japanese Wii U account, Sakurai mentioned in a personal message that that development has been going very well with the help of Namco Bandai. He said they're aiming for a June/July release. He also said that Sakurai regrets launching Brawl in Japan over a month earlier in Japan and wants to release the new Smash worldwide on the same day. Pokemon X & Y style. 

I keep forgetting Namco is also helping with development as well, .....maybe there a bit of truth to this. 

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

The assumption is holiday 2014, unless Nintendo's running quicker on this than anyone assumes.

It would be a 2-year turnaround for both games (and remember, these are effectively separate games that happen to share the same roster, most of the work is unique) from Sakurai's last work, which is a little quick for his projects.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Nintendo might be operating under the mentality that they can't afford any major delays...
If that's that case, they don't want anyone wasting any time...
Having said that, I don't think they would want SSBU and MK8 competing with each other for sales...
I would think Smash is coming later in the year, but what do I know???

Have a nice day...

Same as the Wii? Good. Guess it will be DK for February, MK8 for April and SSB4 for May. Wii Sports U for fall and Zelda at holiday. X, Bayonetta and Yoshi in between.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Same as the Wii? Good. Guess it will be DK for February, MK8 for April and SSB4 for May. Wii Sports U for fall and Zelda at holiday. X, Bayonetta and Yoshi in between.

And then I swoop in Black Friday 2014, buy a WiiU, and gobble them all up!!! MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Pavolink said:

sounds so good in paper. Pull it off Nintendo

pretty much was expecting a summer release anyway's so hope it is true

also what i am expecting next year for Wii U mario kart 8 out by april, smash out by may or june, bayonetta out by auguest or septimber, and X japanese released date october or septimber, zelda Wii U for a world wide holiday release

Smash is the big holiday title for 2014. MK 8 will be out by late spring, and we won't see the new Zelda on Wii U until 2015.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

These guys sure have a lot of listings that get a lot of attention... I wonder if its so people would visit their site for often... First it was Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon U and now this?

Either someone has infiltrated the Nintendo Tree House or these guys are making shit up to get more visits...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850