By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People cancelling their PS4 preorders on Forums around the net.

KylieDog said:
I'm cancelling my XBone pre-order. MS have made so many mistakes.

See how this works.

People cancelling their Xbox One preorders on Forums around the net. Confirmed.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I somehow feel like I'll need to monitor this thread carefully.

How about closing it and not waiting till things go bad man?

Selnor said, no one belived him and now you see why, that people should stop this. Yet here he is!

You need to read my other thread properly. If you think Im remotely doing what I stain against.

I find it hard to believe that DRIVECLUB, a game that didn't even look that great to begin with, has actually caused a huge number of Sony fans to cancel their preorders. Maybe if it was Killzone, but certainly not Driveclub.

Pro tip to OP, just because something is on the internet, doesn't mean its true.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

bubblegamer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I somehow feel like I'll need to monitor this thread carefully.

How about closing it and not waiting till things go bad man?

Selnor said, no one belived him and now you see why, that people should stop this. Yet here he is!

I'm not closing it yet because there is actually something to discuss which is the effect of DriveClub's delay on PS4's launch.

Signature goes here!

Some people really froth at the mouth to post negative Sony news, too funny.

Anyways, this is not a huge problem. If the game needs a little extra polish then great, make it better for early 2014. It's a new console launch, any console that's shipped will sell out anyways. 10 people on the internet cancel thier pre-orders, then either 10 more new people pre-order that sku or 10 people walk into a retail store and buy it. It's not going to affect Sony's console sales either way.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Because of course Driveclub is the number 1 hit for the Ps4 that everybody pre ordered the console for.... -___-

It'll still greatly outsell the Xbone in the US and even more so dominate worldwide. You are making a big deal out of nothing trying to flamebait PS fans.

Not that Driveclub doesn't look great, but let's be honest. Nobody pre ordered Ps4 because of Driveclub.

Wrong, I did.

Fusioncode said:
I find it hard to believe that DRIVECLUB, a game that didn't even look that great to begin with, has actually caused a huge number of Sony fans to cancel their preorders. Maybe if it was Killzone, but certainly not Driveclub.

Pro tip to OP, just because something is on the internet, doesn't mean its true.

I agree, its not the mainstream. But it wont really be the mainstream who preordered the PS4. 

I chose to post a Sony only websites fan reaction. But there alot of other sites, IGN, Gamespot and Press Start to nam some moree sites with similar comments. Its not local to one forum or website. Its internet wide.

Related on topic, I don't think that this will mean anything for ps4 sales. With Watch Dogs you could think that a lot of people would only buy Watch Dogs this end of year and that they wanted to play it in what they considered , the better console, in this case, ps4, so if no WD, no ps4 nor any next gen console. But with DC i don't think it was the case, for most people DC was a second or third option at best, and most would be getting the PS plus edition.

Obviously recent delays will hurt a bit. Watch Dogs was a very highly pre-ordered game on PS4, so that delay will have put some people off their day one purchase. Now DriveClub being pushed back will put off a few more. I'm not sure how well it would have actually been received or sold, but having it as a free Plus game was a great incentive any way you slice it.

People on forums always cry the loudest though, so the amount of people cancelling will look worse than it really is.

selnor1983 said:
Fusioncode said:

I agree, its not the mainstream. But it wont really be the mainstream who preordered the PS4. 

I chose to post a Sony only websites fan reaction. But there alot of other sites, IGN, Gamespot and Press Start to nam some moree sites with similar comments. Its not local to one forum or website. Its internet wide.

Is it on any decididly non-gaming website? No? Then it isn't internet wide. Hell, most forums I've been on today had a single thread dedicated to it. Mods didn't even have to lock them. 

Without wanting to bash the Xbox 180: Xbone reveal was "internet-wide", SHOCKING news. This is mildly irritating.