By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People cancelling their PS4 preorders on Forums around the net.

kowenicki said:
colafitte said:
kowenicki said:
colafitte said:
We sholud admit here, everyone one of us, that if we purchase a next gen console at launch, it's not for the launching lineup at all. It's because we're very aligned with the console we're going to buy. Doesn't matter if our console have 1 or 5 good games at launch. We're thinking of the romantic idea of "having the future, now", because really what we want is playing the next Halo or Uncharted in the next gen, and we're not pacient enough for this, so we just withstand with what it is available until then.

speak for youself.

You sure dont speak for me.

Ok, like i said earlier,i don't want any fights, if you don feel reflected in what i said, i changed the "everyone one of us", for "most people", ok???. If you buy a new console for 400-500 $ for just a pair of games, for me this is absurd, and i say FOR ME.

It's more absurd to buy a console early for a few games that you like than to buy it out of blind loyalty alone?

If you actually think about what you said you will see how ridculous that sounds.

In my opinion, purchase a procuct based on loyalty is irrational and superfitial but more common that to pay for a new console rationally just for 2 games at launch. I dont' believe at all that you are not thinking of future games when you choose to buy X1....

Around the Network

can people pre-order a 400 euro console without a "first small payment" ???(don't know the common term for this situation) and if you cancel don't you lose that? i really think people are over reacting over a small delay...
i will file this under "not a issue"

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

colafitte said:
We sholud admit here, everyone one of us, that if we purchase a next gen console at launch, it's not for the launching lineup at all. It's because we're very aligned with the console we're going to buy. Doesn't matter if our console have 1 or 5 good games at launch. We're thinking of the romantic idea of "having the future, now", because really what we want is playing the next Halo or Uncharted in the next gen, and we're not pacient enough for this, so we just withstand with what it is available until then.

Not true, I had a plan to buy the XB1 to use as a media center and bluray player.  Of course, I will partake in the games, but not that much.  I hoped to have it hooked up to my living room tv that is primarily used as a movie and TV device.  But with Kinect 2.0, we will play family games on it as they become available.

Guess this thread will get really busy On a serious note the delay of Watchdogs and DriveClub actually made me rethink preordering the system. I'd rather wait a few more months now and get the console in march or april when there are better deals and the games got somewhat cheaper. Add the fact that there's still so many current-gen games I haven't played and the Wii U and 3DS christmas line-up being quite crowded as well I think I'll be better off postponing my purchase for a while.

What I don't get is the notion that people will switch their preorders to an Xbox One. Why would they do that? If you chose to go with a PS4 then you probably made up your mind about which system fits your personal preferences better. Personally I like Sony's first party games but can't get into Microsoft's. Some of my friends, however, love Halo and Forza but don't like God of War and Uncharted - why would any of us switch preorders to a console that has games we don't like? This should only be an issue among extreme hardcore gamers, really.

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:

Sony made a bad move. Every gamer should cancel their Playstation 4 preorder. They haven't been treating their customers like they deserve.

LOL I guess we should go back to the Xbox One reveal again. ;)

Bad Sony...bad, bad Sony.

Doing bad things -> Reverting to good things   >   Doing good things -> reverting to bad things.

The problem with Sony is they are constant and dont waver. They just do the same thing until it becomes a detriment. Hopefully they fix this mentality.