By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Sold you on the WiiU?

What game sold you on the WiiU?

ZombiU 46 12.67%

New Super Mario Bros U 35 9.64%

Nintendoland 30 8.26%

Pikmin 3 49 13.50%

Sonic Lost World 11 3.03%

Mario 3D World 42 11.57%

Donkey Kong Country 7 1.93%

Lego City 6 1.65%

Zelda: Wind Waker HD 66 18.18%

Other 71 19.56%

Total:363

What game and why?   If it is other reasons then post below.  Features, games, developers, brand, price, hardware, etc.

If you won't own it yet, what are you waiting for?

Around the Network

Nintendoland for me. It didn't disappoint either.

Initially, I wanted Pikmin 3. I was very disappointed by the delays, and even more disappointed by the things they needlessly took out (swarming/c-stick swarm movement, camera zooming, multiple save files). It's still a good game at it's core, but those things really should have been left in.

But I also bought it on the promise of new Mario, new Zelda, hopefully new Star Fox, Wave Race, etc.

And since then I'm also very happy by the continually expanding list of indie games that will be available for it.

Have not gotten one yet but plan to get the Wind Waker bundle.

DevilRising said:
Initially, I wanted Pikmin 3. I was very disappointed by the delays, and even more disappointed by the things they needlessly took out (swarming/c-stick swarm movement, camera zooming, multiple save files). It's still a good game at it's core, but those things really should have been left in.

But I also bought it on the promise of new Mario, new Zelda, hopefully new Star Fox, Wave Race, etc.

And since then I'm also very happy by the continually expanding list of indie games that will be available for it.

Damnit i knew i was missing something -_- Pikmin 3

Ill fix the pole and remove Rayman Legends

Around the Network

Bayonetta 2.

Why no option for that?
The moment they announced that last year, I knew I had to have one.

JayWood2010 said:
DevilRising said:

Damnit i knew i was missing something -_- Pikmin 3

Ill fix the pole and remove Rayman Legends

I'm sure more people would have bought one for Rayman than Sonic though

I bought the console for 3D Mario, Zelda U, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Retro Studios Games, Monolith Soft.

While waiting for these titles I will play all the other amazing titles such as Pikmin 3, Lego City, Bayonetta 2, Watch Dogs, etc.

EDIT: Also the gamepad, I loved it since the reveal of the final design.

Purple said:

I'm sure more people would have bought one for Rayman than Sonic though

idk, I dont think Rayman Legends sold so much on WiiU did it?

I bought the WiiU for ZombiU and the promise of Smash Bros 4 coming