By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *Rumour* PS4 launch title Driveclub delayed until 2014

CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
I can't help but laugh hard if this proves true.
Sony releases their biggest system seller on a 7 year old console, month after their new system launches. Now it looks likely, they won't even have a first party racer for launch, what the fuck happened there? :D way to start a new generation! :D

They';ve never had a first party racer at launch (it's always been Ridge Racer). So, why would this be so different?

Well, they had Motorstorm on PS3 launch, and yes usually Ridge Racer for other launches. Now they may have nothing. NFS of course, but it's neither exclusive, it releases on like 5 platfroms, and has very specific gameplay, if you do not enjoy arcade racers (like me for example, especially if not made by Criterion), you hardly have anything to look forward to in terms of racing on the PS4 in 2013.

Edit. While you have the best simulation racing experience on the PS3 waiting for you in december, not counting all the library. 

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

This is the first console launch I can think of with a proper racing simulator at launch. You make it sound like that's the standard for launches.

Drive Club also looks far more Sim-cade than Simulation to me. So I don't think PS4 is having a simulation racer at launch regardless of whether the game slips or not.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
This is the first console launch I can think of with a proper racing simulator at launch. You make it sound like that's the standard for launches.

Drive Club also looks far more Sim-cade than Simulation to me. So I don't think PS4 is having a simulation racer at launch regardless of whether the game slips or not.

Not saying it's a simulation, haven't played it, plus from what I heard from Evolution and previews it indeed is something in between, still bounds and leaps more interesting than going 300km/h in a corner in NFS, for me.

Greatness Awaits!

Fair do's. Personally I love my powerslides at 200+mph. I just wish Sega was still cranking them out like in the 90s :(

Outrun 2 is one of my favourite games of all time though.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I'm wondering if/how Microsoft will take a jab at Sony since this could be their chance. Will be fun to watch :D

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
Sony releases their biggest system seller on a 7 year old console, month after their new system launches. Now it looks likely, they won't even have a first party racer for launch, what the fuck happened there? :D way to start a new generation! :D

They';ve never had a first party racer at launch (it's always been Ridge Racer). So, why would this be so different?

Well, they had Motorstorm on PS3 launch, and yes usually Ridge Racer for other launches. Now they may have nothing. NFS of course, but it's neither exclusive, it releases on like 5 platfroms, and has very specific gameplay, if you do not enjoy arcade racers (like me for example, especially if not made by Criterion), you hardly have anything to look forward to in terms of racing on the PS4 in 2013.

Edit. While you have the best simulation racing experience on the PS3 waiting for you in december, not counting all the library. 

Motorstorm launched in March 2007 (launch title in EU only).  Let's say DriveClub launches in March 2014, it will be no different.

BUT, again (since many like riding the rumor train like it is fact), nothing has been confirmed yet.

As a European, that was ignorance on my part, didn't know it launched in 2007 in US as well. Still I don't think it would be no different when Driveclub would miss launch dates in two biggest markets.

And in every post I put a disclaimer "if it happends", so you have nothing on me you got to admit that it looks more and more probable as time goes by.

Greatness Awaits!

CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:

Motorstorm launched in March 2007 (launch title in EU only).  Let's say DriveClub launches in March 2014, it will be no different.

BUT, again (since many like riding the rumor train like it is fact), nothing has been confirmed yet.

As a European, that was ignorance on my part, didn't know it launched in 2007 in US as well. Still I don't think it would be no different when Driveclub would miss launch dates in two biggest markets.

And in every post I put a disclaimer "if it happends", so you have nothing on me you got to admit that it looks more and more probable as time goes by.

The 4GB RAM for PS4 looked probable too. Turns out that was incorrect. I don't run with rumors like fact, though, so i wouldn't understand that.

As for DriveClub, it's like I asked, if it isn't that important, it should matter if it is delayed, right? If it launches in March, it will be, in position, the same as Motorstorm. It will suffer a bit more, but not to any substantial degree because, again, it's not that important. ;)

Has anyone actually stated that drive club was unimportant.  I know ethomaz has been parading the banner for Drive Club since it was announced.  PS4 only gamers have used it as a clear advantage of getting a free game when they get their PS4 and it has been used in list wars all over the place.  If anything, Drive Club has been compared to Forza as the better looking game and one of the exclusives that shows off the power of the PS4.

As to the rumor, it it turns out to be true, it could be one of those scope type of issues that happen within development.  The project was way to ambitious for a launch game with unfinished software and hardware.  It probably shows the experience between different developers understanding what they can accomplish in a short period of time when launching a game on new hardware.

Machiavellian said:
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:
CGI-Quality said:
eFKac said:

The 4GB RAM for PS4 looked probable too. Turns out that was incorrect. I don't run with rumors like fact, though, so i wouldn't understand that.

As for DriveClub, it's like I asked, if it isn't that important, it should matter if it is delayed, right? If it launches in March, it will be, in position, the same as Motorstorm. It will suffer a bit more, but not to any substantial degree because, again, it's not that important. ;)

Has anyone actually stated that drive club was unimportant.  I know ethomaz has been parading the banner for Drive Club since it was announced.  PS4 only gamers have used it as a clear advantage of getting a free game when they get their PS4 and it has been used in list wars all over the place.  If anything, Drive Club has been compared to Forza as the better looking game and one of the exclusives that shows off the power of the PS4.

As to the rumor, it it turns out to be true, it could be one of those scope type of issues that happen within development.  The project was way to ambitious for a launch game with unfinished software and hardware.  It probably shows the experience between different developers understanding what they can accomplish in a short period of time when launching a game on new hardware.

Every XOne only buyer has been saying how un important it is and how it doesnt compare to Forza, Funny how all of a sudden its only those people that are saying its the END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!

Better late than rushed and shit. Disapointing but with the other 40+ games before xmas im sure PS4 owers will cope. 

selnor1983 said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor1983 said:
EEEKKKK.

Seriously what has happened to Sony?

They had a thin Exclusive list for launch anyway. I know Sony arent very good at hitting release dates, but at launch? Especially when the competitions Exclusives are getting alot of praise and looking really good.

Sony should be burying the competition after E3. Instead its falling back down.

If you look at pre-order numbers, the PS4 is has a sizeable lead on the X1. Thus, the competition is quite behind. Nevermind that there has been no confirmation of this at all. 

Yes before the recent bad press. 

So much can change between now and the end of year. Press like this isnt what you need when you come to your launch. Sorry guys the games you ordered and want arent out for another 6 months. 

You have to consider that the xbox one is still more expensive than the ps4, price is for most people a really importnant factor. Even with no exclusive games the ps4 will still sell better than the xbox one at launch only because of the price but it will become really interesting when MS lowers the price after a year or so to the same level as the PS4. Then the Xbone has all the advantages, it has the better games and it has the better value because the Bone is not only the console you get kinect with it. At the same price the Bone is the way better console than the PS4.

Well, unfortunately it looks like the delay is true! That kind of sucks....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/18/driveclub-update/