By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *Rumour* PS4 launch title Driveclub delayed until 2014

tuscaniman99 said:
dsgrue3 said:
tuscaniman99 said:

My friend is considering switching his preorder over to the X1. He likes racers so this will have an effect on people like him.

1 person out of 2 million. Damn, that fallout!

I was just giving an example. I've seen plenty of people posting on game sites saying they were buying a PS4 for Watch Dogs and also wanted Driveclub. There will be people dissapointed on both sides of the console war with Watch Dogs but to say nobody cares about a delay for Driveclub is pretty stupid. People like their racing games. I know this won't have a meaningful affect on sales but still it is inconvenient.

So you claim it's stupid, and then proceed to admit it won't have a meaningful effect on sales. You seem quite ambivalent about it...lack of meaningful impact is what "no one" means. 

It's a statement of generality, so bringing up specifics is completely inept.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
Was telling somebody else this but it isnt going to hurt them much.

PS4 is really selling off of hype and PR. Not so much for the games atm. The holiday will be great for Sony regardless. After the holiday when they dont have much releasing is when i expect a significant decrease in sales.

So really this may help with it releasing in 2014 when they pretty much have no retail games announced other than InFamous

After the holiday, they have inFAMOUS, among other things. Still, most consoles launch on hype and PR, the X1 included. Just so happens that after the blunder that was the PS3's launch, things are looking bright @ SCEi. 

InFamous and what else?  I have heard of nothing that will push consoles.  It will have to rely on third party games entirely it looks.

I didnt even mention XBO nor will i comment about it now in a Sony thread.

Do you seriously believe Sony will onyl have infamous for 2014? The order is another one, and Naughty dogs game will be revealed at the VGa's..please. The you have media molecule and sony santa monica, and GG new IP for PS4.

People said driveclub was not a good game or a game to get a PS4..Now they are saying if it's delayed it's a big deal....what is it? Sony has no worries when it comes to games, their history speaks for itself.

Grandia said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
tipping like dominos. Looks like both the PS4 and XB1 should have launched in april or may 2014.

what do you mean by that?

Seems like every few days, either Sony or M$ announce or it trickles out that one of the games or one of the features aren't going to be available at launch.  It would seem that they should have waited another 6 months to finish their systems fully.  THey could then deliver systems that do everything along with some real games that are complete and optomized for the retail version of the consoles.

MS? sure.

Sony? nope.

we are getting everything that they said we will get at launch. lets wait and see if this romour is true.

Why Microsoft? All bad rumours about the Xbone turned out to be lies spread from some NeoGaf Sonyfanboys. The never existing  Xbox one yield problems and the predicted downclocking turned out to be instead the opposite a increase of power and the rumours that Microsoft has to delay many games and the xbox one made problems in the manufacturing, all turned out as bullshit. The Xbox one releas seems to be just fine all promised games will come and no problems with hardware or something else within sight.

It sees that the only one who is not ready for launch is Sony with the PS4. Almost no games at releas, now even delays of some games and than the overheating of the PS4 units at the demo-events.

Lies?? They were true, and hardly spread by sony fanboys..Ms did a uturn for a reason.

Almost no games? Sony has more gamnes for launch then MS..., and more in development....Look at 360 comparef to PS3 the last 3years....Ms is front loaded.

Drive club being delayed is a rumour...don't count your chickens.

Overheating?? Please.

Again people overrating the importance of launch games which will be forgotten by December...Muti-plats will drive the consoles early on. HAlf laucnh gaems will be foprgettable, like every console launch.

iamdeath said:
People said driveclub was not a good game or a game to get a PS4..Now they are saying if it's delayed it's a big deal....what is it? Sony has no worries when it comes to games, their history speaks for itself.

I believe the people who said those things are people already getting a PS4.  If those people feel drive club isn't the reason they are getting a PS4 or the game is not up to snuff, I guess that would be a legitimate reason not to care.  I know that Drive Clue was never going to be a reason I purchase a PS4 but then again, driving games are pretty low on my priority list.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
JayWood2010 said:
CGI-Quality said:
JayWood2010 said:
Was telling somebody else this but it isnt going to hurt them much.

PS4 is really selling off of hype and PR. Not so much for the games atm. The holiday will be great for Sony regardless. After the holiday when they dont have much releasing is when i expect a significant decrease in sales.

So really this may help with it releasing in 2014 when they pretty much have no retail games announced other than InFamous

After the holiday, they have inFAMOUS, among other things. Still, most consoles launch on hype and PR, the X1 included. Just so happens that after the blunder that was the PS3's launch, things are looking bright @ SCEi. 

InFamous and what else?  I have heard of nothing that will push consoles.  It will have to rely on third party games entirely it looks.

I didnt even mention XBO nor will i comment about it now in a Sony thread.

Do you seriously believe Sony will onyl have infamous for 2014? The order is another one, and Naughty dogs game will be revealed at the VGa's..please. The you have media molecule and sony santa monica, and GG new IP for PS4.

Sony will have Infamous, Order 1886, and Naughty Dog (UC4 most likely).

MS will have Titanfall, Halo, Kinect Sports Rivals, Sunset Overdrive (maybe), Quantum Break (maybe).

Both will have solid 2014s. Honestly I think Quantum Break will be moved to 2015 spring and fall 2015 will be Black Tusk's new IP since they want that to be the next heavy hitter AAA exclusive.

The longer sony takes to deny this rumor the more I believe it

FATALITY said:
Grandia said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
tipping like dominos. Looks like both the PS4 and XB1 should have launched in april or may 2014.

Seems like every few days, either Sony or M$ announce or it trickles out that one of the games or one of the features aren't going to be available at launch.  It would seem that they should have waited another 6 months to finish their systems fully.  THey could then deliver systems that do everything along with some real games that are complete and optomized for the retail version of the consoles.

MS? sure.

Sony? nope.

we are getting everything that they said we will get at launch. lets wait and see if this romour is true.

Why Microsoft? All bad rumours about the Xbone turned out to be lies spread from some NeoGaf Sonyfanboys. The never existing  Xbox one yield problems and the predicted downclocking turned out to be instead the opposite a increase of power and the rumours that Microsoft has to delay many games and the xbox one made problems in the manufacturing, all turned out as bullshit. The Xbox one releas seems to be just fine all promised games will come and no problems with hardware or something else within sight.

It sees that the only one who is not ready for launch is Sony with the PS4. Almost no games at releas, now even delays of some games and than the overheating of the PS4 units at the demo-events.

what? lol 

do u know how many games will be available for ps4 at launch?

xbone doesnt have half of those games.

lets pretend tha kinect rivals never was delayed. lol

and the all 180's and 13 countrys

nice try

Naaa there is nothing really woth mentioning left for the PS4 launch. Xbox one launch is with Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising, Killerinstinkt and Crimson Dragon way way better than the no games for PS4.

But anyways I would not buy either of this consoles for this games and at this price point, there is really no reason to rush, both consoles will have dry first years history showed the playstations probably even more than the xbox, so no one should buy a console at releas. Wait a few years and you will be always the winner, you can take than a console with already good games out to a cheap price and you get a way more reliable hardware than the crap they give you at releas.

And the Xbones 180's are all a really good thing, without them I would not even consider to buy it but like it is now the Bone is on the way to become a really awesome console the only drawback left right now is the price but I am sure not to long after releas they will lower the price at the same level as PS4 price and than the Xbone has all the advantages.

Grandia said:
FATALITY said:
Grandia said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:
FATALITY said:
landguy1 said:

MS? sure.

Sony? nope.

what? lol 

do u know how many games will be available for ps4 at launch?

xbone doesnt have half of those games.

lets pretend tha kinect rivals never was delayed. lol

and the all 180's and 13 countrys

nice try

Naaa there is nothing really woth mentioning left for the PS4 launch. Xbox one launch is with Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising, Killerinstinkt and Crimson Dragon way way better than the no games for PS4.

But anyways I would not buy either of this consoles for this games and at this price point, there is really no reason to rush, both consoles will have dry first years history showed the playstations probably even more than the xbox, so no one should buy a console at releas. Wait a few years and you will be always the winner, you can take than a console with already good games out to a cheap price and you get a way more reliable hardware than the crap they give you at releas.

And the Xbones 180's are all a really good thing, without them I would not even consider to buy it but like it is now the Bone is on the way to become a really awesome console the only drawback left right now is the price but I am sure not to long after releas they will lower the price at the same level as PS4 price and than the Xbone has all the advantages.

So even tho by xmas PS4 will have nearly twice as many games as the X1 released, it has "no games", does X1 have minus games in your view then?

iamdeath said:

I am talking about early 2014.  VGA and E3 of course they will be announcing games though im not sure if they will be released in Q1 or Q2 of 2014