By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 41 ( Oct. 7 - Oct 13 )

melbye said:
What's with the over 200k difference between MC and Famitsu

Pokémon? Famitsu tracks download cards, while MC doesn't.

Around the Network

Wasn't expecting the new model to do as much for the Vita as it did. Hopefully, numbers will stay up.

Vita sales on its first price drop earlier this year where 62,543 on MC

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-07-playstation-vita-sales-surge-in-japan-after-price-cut

Good sales

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

betacon said:
This is just for the new model vita not the vita tv?

New PS Vita model only. PS Vita TV releases on november 14 (Japan). Pretty surprised by PS Vita sales, was expecting much lower. It's as good as the price cut + SS release week.

Very nice for new Vita sales.
3DS+Pokemon is a beast.
WiiU continues to set new bars in bad ways.
Nice boost to GTA5 PS3 sales.
LOL so much for Fairy Fencer's 50k limited edition shipment being sold out.
Tales of HD Remake and Danganronpa HD Remake do well enough.

I think that about covers it.

Around the Network

I think dat Wii U numbers are just so low because of the upcoming Bundles with very good prices. Next 2 weeks will look similar, before the release the bundles on october the 31st.

Pretty good for Vita, and 3DS. Pokemon is epic as expected.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

BaldrSkies said:

LOL so much for Fairy Fencer's 50k limited edition shipment being sold out.

FFF IS sold out. There was never such a big shipment to begin with.

my sense for predictions was destroyed.

never thought that vita can sell 60k in the week of pokemon release.
Wonder how many units would have been sold with a less stupid release date of the lcd vita-version?

gta a combined 350k ?not bad for a longnose game in japan.
Guess it would also sell more units in a week without pokemon.

Impressive for the Vita, i pegged its sales at ~56k for the week and it even topped those somewhat lofty estimates (from a base of 3.5k). With a major title being released every month for the system for the next couple months, this period should finally give the vita the breathing room it needs to become a viable option for developers in Japan for the future (even though it already was). should be trending downward until god eater 2 enters