By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 41 ( Oct. 7 - Oct 13 )

cbarroso09 said:
oh Wii U, what is going on with you on Japan???

The WiiU game library in Japan is mediocre, compared with its western game library. No wonder it´s doing so bad.

Around the Network

Those Vita sales are not that good tbh considering it's the first new model. Solid nonetheless.

3DS is overwhelming everything right now though! MH4 and Pokemon will carry the 3DS through the holidays. 

So Ps3 had like 550k total in software and only 1k in hardware boost? weird...

Gehirnkrampf said:
vita sales are ok i guess.
last week it did 3,500 - so that's 1700%.
the weeks before it averaged for... 7,000? let's see how this continues.

Just ok? Not even the biggest troll would say 1700% increase is "just okay"

kopstudent89 said:

Those Vita sales are not that good tbh considering it's the first new model. Solid nonetheless.

Dude it was selling for 3k and now it sold 60k...

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
cbarroso09 said:
oh Wii U, what is going on with you on Japan???

The WiiU game library in Japan is mediocre, compared with its western game library. No wonder it´s doing so bad.

And it won't get any better. 3rd parties have nothing coming up. Nintendo will need to carry the console on its onw once again, although this time, without the initial momentum.

I think they are just wasting their time, money and energy with Japan. The West is not that different either, it's just a bit better but still in very bad shape.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

golfgt170 said:
So Ps3 had like 550k total in software and only 1k in hardware boost? weird...

End of the gen effect

golfgt170 said:
kopstudent89 said:

Dude it was selling for 3k and now it sold 60k...

It's base was more of 10-15k. Just saying with all the colours and the new model it ain't that impressive. I agree that comparing it to the PSP isn't a great example but it ain't faring well with the PS3 either. Its base will probably go down to around 15k-20k max.. It doesn't look great tbh, hopefully the few games releasing will change that.

Btw, compared with the 3DS price drop and the 3DS LL releases, Vita looks even more unimpressive.

Max King of the Wild said:
Gehirnkrampf said:
vita sales are ok i guess.
last week it did 3,500 - so that's 1700%.
the weeks before it averaged for... 7,000? let's see how this continues.

Just ok? Not even the biggest troll would say 1700% increase is "just okay"

yeah, just ok. i tried to troll the wiiu, where 600% increase in the UK got attacked and defended. why just ok? read kowen's post, i am 100% his opinion. the fact that the announcement itself led to a massive drop of the older model simply relativates the sales now. people were waiting.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Wii U isn't hard to figure out. It has no content, and new bundles are coming. There is no reason you would buy one right now. Nintendo really needs those Wii-series games and bundles to push things in Japan.

And no, Wii U isn't cheaper in Japan. It's actually more expensive and doesn't come with a game.