By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon X Y: 4 million first 2 days!!

benji232 said:

Yea, by FW I ment a full 7 days, not just the first 1-2days of sales. Honnestly, it sold 4million units in 2 days meaning it can afford a 50% drop which is very reasonnable (Of course, I am including digital sales here, a sale is a sale :D).

On the DS Pokemon games in Japan generally dropped ~70% week two, and that was with a full seven days.  With just five days it would probably bump it to around 75%.  Unless X/Y bucks the trend it means it would need to drop significantly less than 50% in the west to reach 6 million.

The other factor is over 4 million could mean something like 4.4 million, but I'm assuming Nintendo isn't making their numbers look worse than they are.

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:

Are they 4 million+ sales on Japan, USA and Europe, right?
Could the other regions (Asia, Latin America, Australia) have met 1 million+ sales to complete the 5.5 million previously reported ?

I wonder how much it would have been if the install base was bigger....

You'll know when they release X^2 and Y^2 in 1.5 years after the 3ds install base has reached over 70mil.

Didn't they just say 5.5m?

Maybe that's the physical+digital sales combines...

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW

pezus said:

That's...a bit lower than I expected. Especially after the VGC article. Looks like I won the bet in my sig quite easily. Sales in Europe and Japan must be way lower than expected, if USA did way over 1.5m like ioi said.

Still very great sales of course. Just happy to be right once again

I thoutght ur bet was first month sales

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Worth nothing that after 4 days of release, Pokemon X is the 32nd best selling item on Amazon for this year. Y is at 38.

Around the Network

I expect the sales to be very strong for months.

AstroMaSSi rules

HikenNoAce said:
Worth nothing that after 4 days of release, Pokemon X is the 32nd best selling item on Amazon for this year. Y is at 38.

Wat are you talking about? Also if your attempting to downplay pokemon pls just dont try cuz its tracking ahead of D/P

tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:

Wat are you talking about? Also if your attempting to downplay pokemon pls just dont try cuz its tracking ahead of D/P

Hey, be honest, you voted yes to X/Y being able sell 5.5M day 1, right?

HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:

Yes even though its way off 4mil in 2 days is alot, so why are you trying to make pokemon look bad? its the second highest pokemon opening ever

tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:
tbone51 said:
HikenNoAce said:

Yes even though its way off 4mil in 2 days is alot, so why are you trying to make pokemon look bad? its the second highest pokemon opening ever

Not trying to make it look bad but it's good that you now see that Pokemon is on the decline. Way off of B&W there.