By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon X Y: 4 million first 2 days!!

Great!! Is it known how good did Diamond/Pearl do on day 1/2?

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:
Great!! Is it known how good did Diamond/Pearl do on day 1/2?

FW sales Around 3.2mil

Edit: These include Friday sales for Japan

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Well shit.
I over estimated how many people would get it digitally.
Fuck.

Er, you have no idea how many bought it digitally, not to mention these numbers probably include that.

So we can expect 5.5-6m for FW I guess which is a great number regardless of what vgc said.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Yeah the 5.5 million was way to good to be true. This seems more realistic and is around my expectations of what I had predicted.

Around the Network
benji232 said:
So we can expect 5.5-6m for FW I guess which is a great number regardless of what vgc said.

Assuming by FW you mean first week, and by week you mean VGC week, that would be quite impossible.  First week will amount to one day in the US+EU, and two in Japan.  The number here also won't include digital.  So the first week should be well under 4 million.  Now if you mean first seven days including digital, that might be a bit more realistic.  However, it is likely that around half or more of that over 4 million is from Japan, and Pokemon games tend to have a fairly large drop week two in Japan despite week one being just two days.  So to reach 6 million in seven days would require around a 30% drop from the first two days to days three-seven.  It is entirely possible that Japan makes up more than half which would push that percentage even lower, or perhaps require an increase.

pezus said:
EricFabian said:
AstroGamer said:
EricFabian said:
Demensha said:
Is that including downloaded versions? Also did they have bundles? To be honest I didn't follow much of the news about Pokemon all I can say is Pokemon Y is the first poke,on game I have every picked up and by surprise it's a really addicting game.

Only retail. I don't if they iclude bundles

No this is coming from Nintendo so it includes downloads. it will probably be including bundles since they are download codes

well Nintendo also said that we still have to wait for some numbers from Sunday on Europe because some retailers was closed and  Nintendo always said "physical + digital" on previous statements.

So I guess we have to wait

They're not waiting for data. The retailers were closed on Sunday, which means they didn't sell anything on Sunday. So they are counting Saturday and Sunday in Europe

ok Pz boy

Click HERE and be happy 

Yakuzaice said:
benji232 said:

Assuming by FW you mean first week, and by week you mean VGC week, that would be quite impossible.  First week will amount to one day in the US+EU, and two in Japan.  The number here also won't include digital.  So the first week should be well under 4 million.  Now if you mean first seven days including digital, that might be a bit more realistic.  However, it is likely that around half or more of that over 4 million is from Japan, and Pokemon games tend to have a fairly large drop week two in Japan despite week one being just two days.  So to reach 6 million in seven days would require around a 30% drop from the first two days to days three-seven.  It is entirely possible that Japan makes up more than half which would push that percentage even lower, or perhaps require an increase.

Yea, by FW I ment a full 7 days, not just the first 1-2days of sales. Honnestly, it sold 4million units in 2 days meaning it can afford a 50% drop which is very reasonnable (Of course, I am including digital sales here, a sale is a sale :D).

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Much closer to my original expectations, I think it's still above them. That's a very good opening.

I think my prediction was 3.5m so this is still very very good

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.