By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 IS the Second Highest Selling Home Console of All Time outside NA, Europe and Japan, Only Beaten by PS2...

I don't even know what this OP is trying to get at.

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
So THIS is how you get a bunch of profile points and level up ...

Yes, and you're helping him.

...Wait... crap!

SlayerRondo said:
You're grasp of the English language (or lack thereof) astounds me. Could you please either change the title or the content of the post so the two are not in conflict with each other?

Lol Ditto.

Anyways the thread is clearly for giggles.

There, title changed to be less misleading.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Great! Now the title is Asperger-friendly!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I think this is really interesting information! I don't know why people are saying this is crap data! As someone who doesn't live in the main regions country's I don't understand why there's so much people saying this is all that irrelevant... Some countries that make part of the "rest of the world" region:
Australia, Brazil, other South/Central American countries, other Asian countries but Japan, Africa, ...

And this gen was a really interesting one, after the PS2 domination where it was the highest selling console in every main region covered by VGChartz....

This gen had Wii as the main console seller and the only region it will remain the top seller will be Japan!
While Xbox 360 is the mains seller in the USA and UK.
The PS3 will keep on as the best seller in the Rest of The World and probably pass Wii on the Europe in the next months...

With both consoles having the chance of getting really close to Wii numbers overall

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

PS3 is such a beast. wow :)

Kantor said:

How was it ever misleading? Adding the elipses was more than sufficient. Only a moron would assume the title means total global sales or sales in the major markets. The mere fact that it is an outrageous statement to make without context is enough for everyone who actually pays attention to the data on this website to not be mislead in the slightest by the thread title.

You've just gone and made this thread boring.

At least some people got it so not all is lost with the intellectual capacity of members. But it's more fun reading the posts of those who didn't get it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Kantor said:

How was it ever misleading? Adding the elipses was more than sufficient. Only a moron would assume the title means total global sales or sales in the major markets. The mere fact that it is an outrageous statement to make without context is enough for everyone who actually pays attention to the data on this website to not be mislead in the slightest by the thread title.

You've just gone and made this thread boring.

At least some people got it so not all is lost with the intellectual capacity of members. But it's more fun reading the posts of those who didn't get it.

All the same, I think you've had your fun, and the ellipse could very well have gone on to read "NOT" or "excluding people who've stopped playing it" or "that counts."

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective