By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 IS the Second Highest Selling Home Console of All Time outside NA, Europe and Japan, Only Beaten by PS2...

Lol

Around the Network

This is actually fairly significant, though I see some are trying to downplay it. These are segments of the word with growing economies. Sony is laying the framework in these regions to become the primary gaming brand in years to come. Keeping the PS2 around so long was very smart. I've said for awhile that I don't think Nintendo ships to as many developing countries as they should, as I think they are well positioned to do the same thing.

It is

Next target: Europe and after WW.

"highest selling console of all time"... Wouldn't it need to be ahead in global sales too? I read the OP and you do mention in the "rest of the world"... The title can be a bit confusing, so to be clear, you do mean in just the rest of the world? Correct?

Then let's also point out that the Wii U will sell more consoles worldwide this year than the 360 sold in it's lifetime (in japan)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
Then let's also point out that the Wii U will sell more consoles worldwide this year than the 360 sold in it's lifetime (in japan)

Thats fine but not nearly as significant

BuckStud said:

So, what I want to know is where do these "Rest of World" sales numbers really come from.  The Sony numbers look hugely inflated.

Asia, middle east, south america, africa, central america.... 

Drakester said:
Oh my fucking god man, I am a die hard Sony fan boy and even ill say you are full of shit. The PS3 wont beat the Wii, itll get close but it wont beat it and who the fuck cares about the rest of the world when NA and Europe are the only regions that have a large customer base.

retard, go read the op. 

85% of the planet can barely compete with Japan apparently.

Sad stuff.

To beat Ps2 start selling it for $99 bundled with already heavily bundled GT5 quick!