By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 IS the Second Highest Selling Home Console of All Time outside NA, Europe and Japan, Only Beaten by PS2...

Porcupine_I said:
Then let's also point out that the Wii U will sell more consoles worldwide this year than the 360 sold in it's lifetime (in japan)

a winner is you

Around the Network

Oh dear, this is really digging deep for cherries to pick, and grasping at major straws.

' well if we only look at these regions, and ignore the rest, and we don't count X, Y, and Z, then it's clearly on top'!

I'm sure that by these standards, GameCube and Vita must be top-selling devices somewhere, sometime, too.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It's sad that people see the need to point these things out.

SlayerRondo said:
You're grasp of the English language (or lack thereof) astounds me. Could you please either change the title or the content of the post so the two are not in conflict with each other?

Oh my sides. His title and content in the OP are perfectly fine. 

Besides that, why does NA hate the PS3? Why you hate the PS3, 'murika?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Wow pretty amazing how Japan has fallen off this gen on home consoles.

Around the Network

The title should be changed. This is obviously another " I hate Nintendo" or " i´m a Sony fanboy" thread.

Could be something interesting to discuss, but the intention of title destroys any possibility.

Go PS3 Go

J_Allard said:

Actually it's pretty sad considering they use to make LOTS of good games for consoles now we barely get any from them as this gen has proven. The west has picked up the slack though, almost.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

I see what you did there -_-

pezus said:
J_Allard said:

Wii+PS3 almost exactly match PS2 sales. It hasn't fallen that much, especially considering that PS3 is still selling. To add to that, Xbox was even less relevant than 360, and GC was GC. The difference will end up being around 2m overall if I had to guess.

I concur. Japan's decline is massively over exaggerated which is exactly why I laugh when people think next gen will half less than this gen's sales. Sure, sales will probably decline but not to the point of only 15mil next gen like most are expecting.