By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Next Gen Games Had Your Jaw Dropped?

DamnTastic said:

Being a huge fan of Gradius.... This game is high on my radar. And yeah, that gif you posted, that's jaw dropping to me.

Other than that:

Killzone's first footage (of the beginning of the campaign) made me say "wow"!

Final Fantasy XV

Metal Gear Solid V

Deep Down

Quantum Break if actual real time graphics (which I doubt)

Around the Network

None. My mouth didn't even move at all.

If Star Citizen counts then this because I loved Freelancer and having a new game like it was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

Hynad said:
DamnTastic said:

Being a huge fan of Gradius.... This game is high on my radar. And yeah, that gif you posted, that's jaw dropping to me.

Other than that:

Final Fantasy XV

Metal Gear Solid V

Deep Down

"Our Creative Director Sam Lake took the stage at the Xbox One @ E3 event and introduced new material from Quantum Break, running real time in-engine"

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-e3-trailer/

"Quantum Break was one of the Xbox One launch titles that we already knew about, but we got a deeper look into Remedy’s new action title during Microsoft’s E3 Press Conference.

Watch the trailer below to see in-game footage of an actual playable scene from Quantum Break, running real time in-engine."

http://www.el33tonline.com/post/2013/06/11/time-freezes-in-new-quantum-break-in-game-footage/

selnor1983 said:
Hynad said:
DamnTastic said:

Other than that:

Final Fantasy XV

Metal Gear Solid V

Deep Down

"Our Creative Director Sam Lake took the stage at the Xbox One @ E3 event and introduced new material from Quantum Break, running real time in-engine"

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-e3-trailer/

"Quantum Break was one of the Xbox One launch titles that we already knew about, but we got a deeper look into Remedy’s new action title during Microsoft’s E3 Press Conference.

Watch the trailer below to see in-game footage of an actual playable scene from Quantum Break, running real time in-engine."

http://www.el33tonline.com/post/2013/06/11/time-freezes-in-new-quantum-break-in-game-footage/

umm, sorry if this is a little off topic, but how the hell do you guys post gifs with over 40 mb in size? i can't post anything beyond a measly 5 mb...

POE said:
Graphically?? None

Your expectations are way too high then.

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:

+1000000

Any gen should begin with a good shooter.

I cant say any made my jaw drop but the ones that got me the most excited was.

1. Titanfall ( Afther seeing this game it just makes game like Killzone, Battlefield and Call Of Duty look last gen )

2. Quantum Break ( The best trailer of E3. We dont know what was actual gameplay and thats a good thing. )

3. Ryse: Son Of Rome ( The best looking game on any platform. ) Crytek says they have achieved the closest thing to movie quality graphics and so far it looks like they have. )

4. Zelda Wind Waker HD ( To me its the best game ever made. Watching the trailers just brings back memories and makes me want to get a Wii U to play it.

For some reason only X got my jaw dropping, probably because of how incredible and unexpected the game looked. The Witcher 3 looks really good aswell, but i didnt enjoy the pacing and the combat on the Witcher 2. Graphics arent everything to get me excited about a game.

Seriously though. Nothing at the moment. From the posts here i take it jaw dropping is mostly based on graphics. Otherwise the anti gravity mechanic in Mario Kart 8 looks super fun. 

Vasto said:
I cant say any made my jaw drop but the ones that got me the most excited was.

1. Titanfall ( Afther seeing this game it just makes game like Killzone, Battlefield and Call Of Duty look last gen )

2. Quantum Break ( The best trailer of E3. We dont know what was CG or actual gameplay and thats a good thing. )

3. Ryse: Son Of Rome ( The best looking game on any platform. ) Crytek says they have achieved the closest thing to movie quality graphics and so far it looks like they have. )

4. Zelda Wind Waker HD ( To me its the best game ever made. Watching the trailers just brings back memories and makes me want to get a Wii U to play it.

Quantum Break. - Im not sure why some posters dont know. But its confirmed 100% by Sam Lake EVERYTHING shown for Quantum Break os 100% In Engine. There is no CGI. The first trailer with the ship crashing into the bridge is actually a scene in which the player can control the camera, as well as slow down speed up etc etc. Remedy had to use Full in game engine for everything as alot of scenes in the game which look like cutscenes have direct control from the player.

In short Quantum Break ( apart from the live action stuff ) Is 100 % in game engine. It had to be from a gameplay design perspective. Like I said cutscenes being controlled by the player is part of the story. Ive alreay posted links in this thread that support this. But theres loads of sites out there that have interviews with Sam Lake.