By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U hardware up 685% in UK!

Easy to make HD Update does more than Pikmin 3 and TW101 combined?

Around the Network
Incubi said:

Interesting. Wonder what the sales in Germany will be considering Zelda is much more popular there.

Yeah, right now I am paying more attention to Germany that UK for Nintendo related products. It seems Nintendo is very popular there. They seem to be maturing in the gaming side. 

Seece said:
happydolphin said:

It's a struggling console in a non-Nintendo region making a sales increase on an HD-remake of a GC game. I think 5-9k is reasonable for now.

Wait until 3D World and all come out, this is a momentum game for Nintendo atm. The upsing is starting.

For everything else I agree with you, but this is a specific case for Nintendo where this little victory is the beginning to the war being won on the long term.

A non Nintendo region? I mean the Wii did 8m here and the DS did over 10m making it the most successful platform here ever. It's declined, but then it has everywhere else hasn't it? In the same vein US must be a non Nintendo region too!

The rest, wishful thinking.

Okay, the truth: Nintendo has declined much more in Europe and the UK than it has anywhere else in the world, despite the Wii and DS's breakthrough.

@the rest, that's your word against mine but you bring no counter-point. Nintendo wins on games and pricepoint. That's how it was for the DS, that's how it will be for the U. That's how it'll always be for Nintendo. Zelda HD is just the tip of the iceberg.

It's not wishful thinking, but based on solid sales evidence, we've seen it happen time and time again.

so they sold 685 Konsoles? not bad

Dulfite said:
Seece said:

It means they track the UK. England, NI, Scotland and Wales. Most gamers (along with most everything else) is located in England because we have the largest land mass here .. the other 3 places still sell a lot of games tho and it's about the UK not England.

Fair point. I wasn't trying to be offensive to anyone who hates being called English that lives in the non England part of UK by the way. 

I'm English, so you didn't offend me, I just felt the need to correct you :P

Around the Network

We all know the reason why they bought it. For the selfies.

happydolphin said:
Seece said:
happydolphin said:

It's a struggling console in a non-Nintendo region making a sales increase on an HD-remake of a GC game. I think 5-9k is reasonable for now.

Wait until 3D World and all come out, this is a momentum game for Nintendo atm. The upsing is starting.

For everything else I agree with you, but this is a specific case for Nintendo where this little victory is the beginning to the war being won on the long term.

A non Nintendo region? I mean the Wii did 8m here and the DS did over 10m making it the most successful platform here ever. It's declined, but then it has everywhere else hasn't it? In the same vein US must be a non Nintendo region too!

The rest, wishful thinking.

Okay, the truth: Nintendo has declined much more in Europe and the UK than it has anywhere else in the world, despite the Wii and DS's breakthrough.

@the rest, that's your word against mine but you bring no counter-point. Nintendo wins on games and pricepoint. That's how it was for the DS, that's how it will be for the U. That's how it'll always be for Nintendo. Zelda HD is just the tip of the iceberg.

It's not wishful thinking, but based on solid sales evidence, we've seen it happen time and time again.

I've gone over this argument countless times, you've already probably read my counter argument. You put it in incredibly simplistic terms and ignore all the reasons WiiU is failing, look in the UNITY thread if you're interested.

(It's totally debateable on whether WIiU wins on games FYI) Super Mario 3D is their only big hitter, the rest, not so much.

Seece said:

I've gone over this argument countless times, you've already probably read my counter argument. You put it in incredibly simplistic terms and ignore all the reasons WiiU is failing, look in the UNITY thread if you're interested.

(It's totally debateable on whether WIiU wins on games FYI) Super Mario 3D is their only big hitter, the rest, not so much.

Wii Fit U, Wii Party U? All the games that made the Wii soar? Mario Kart 8? Smash?

These games are coming out very shortly. Nintendo will be fine.

The very simple reason why the U launch failed are: 1) High U pricepoint (due to controller), 2) 1st party games drought. We've learned that people don't buy a console for NSMB, certainly not at launch. There needs to be more than just that, especially after the series was fatigued. Not so the case of the games above, there's hunger for those titles. The most certain one is Mario Kart.

(Note: I've also debated this countless times in other threads. As for the UNITY thread, I didn't participate in it, the OP was retardedly long)

Come on, Seece. Really? The system gets a damn nice week and all you can do is tear it down?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

happydolphin said:
Seece said:

Wii Fit U, Wii Party U? All the games that made the Wii soar? Mario Kart 8? Smash?

These games are coming out very shortly. Nintendo will be fine.

The very simple reason why the U failed are: 1) High U pricepoint, 2) 1st party games drought. We've learned that people don't buy a console for NSMB. There needs to be more than just that, especially after the series was fatigued. Not so the case of the games above, there's hunger for those titles. The most certain one is Mario Kart.

Mario Kart 8 and Smash are this holiday? No. Is Smash even soon, isn't that late 2014 at best?

The WII made the Wii soar, the concept.

That is not the reason the WiiU is failing, such shortsightness. The masses are not interested in Nintendos games without the console having mass appeal, hence why no other Nintendo system did nearly as well as Playstation or Wii. Why is that so hard to understand for some people.

It's hilarious you say Wii Fit and Wii Party U are games that made the Wii soar, er in that sense so did NSMB by your logic? It did 20m+ .... Yet it failed to do anything this time around.