By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U hardware up 685% in UK!

benji232 said:
Seece said:
It's not huge though is it?? It puts its on par with PS360, and that's if the VGC figures were spot on anyway, from data we've had in the past we've seen WiiU has been overtrakced in the UK.

I took a random week (24th august 2013) to see how much ps360 were averaging there (because at the moment, their numbers are being boosted by gtaV), and the ps3 was at 5800 and 360 at 7500, so yes, it is indeed a great boost. It puts it above the average of the 2 best selling consoles there. I can't see how this is not impressive, it is the equivalent of if the pricecut/windwaker bundle boosted US sales from 9k to 50k.

2 consoles that have been out for 8 years and sales that are dwindling, they should not hold as a comparison for what good WiiU sales are.

These seem great because of how bad WiiU was doing before, but if you put them into context, they're not!

When PS3 got its first big game or price cut it got a huge frigging boost. When 360 slim released, 5 years after the 360 launched I might add, sales topped 100,000 for the week. These are huge boosts. I don't see how 5 - 9k is fantastic news.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Dulfite said:
Shortiloe said:
Maybe it's not THAT big, but for a Remake, it IS big. Especially UK-market wasn't very good for Wii U.

Totally agree with you. It's not like this is a brand new game that no one is England has played before. There is hope for Nintendo in England (at least for Wii U, the 3ds has been great there for a while).

UK = more than England you know ...

Well I don't entirely know what they mean when they track the UK. Do they actually mean the entire UK? Does that include Ireland (Not apart of Great Britain) or Northern Ireland or not? Where are most of the gamers located at in Great Britain anyway? Probably the English part.

Dulfite said:
Seece said:
Dulfite said:
Shortiloe said:
Maybe it's not THAT big, but for a Remake, it IS big. Especially UK-market wasn't very good for Wii U.

Totally agree with you. It's not like this is a brand new game that no one is England has played before. There is hope for Nintendo in England (at least for Wii U, the 3ds has been great there for a while).

Well I don't entirely know what they mean when they track the UK. Do they actually mean the entire UK? Does that include Ireland (Not apart of Great Britain) or Northern Ireland or not? Where are most of the gamers located at in Great Britain anyway? Probably the English part.

It means they track the UK. England, NI, Scotland and Wales. Most gamers (along with most everything else) is located in England because we have the largest land mass here .. the other 3 places still sell a lot of games tho and it's about the UK not England.

Seece said:

2 consoles that have been out for 8 years and sales that are dwindling, they should not hold as a comparison for what good WiiU sales are.

These seem great because of how bad WiiU was doing before, but if you put them into context, they're not!

When PS3 got its first big game or price cut it got a huge frigging boost. When 360 slim released, 5 years after the 360 launched I might add, sales topped 100,000 for the week. These are huge boosts. I don't see how 5 - 9k is fantastic news.

It's a struggling console in a non-Nintendo region making a sales increase on an HD-remake of a GC game. I think 5-9k is reasonable for now.

Wait until 3D World and all come out, this is a momentum game for Nintendo atm. The upsing is starting.

For everything else I agree with you, but this is a specific case for Nintendo where this little victory is the beginning to the war being won on the long term.

% are a cruel think

Around the Network

derpastan :)

Seece said:
benji232 said:
Seece said:
It's not huge though is it?? It puts its on par with PS360, and that's if the VGC figures were spot on anyway, from data we've had in the past we've seen WiiU has been overtrakced in the UK.

I took a random week (24th august 2013) to see how much ps360 were averaging there (because at the moment, their numbers are being boosted by gtaV), and the ps3 was at 5800 and 360 at 7500, so yes, it is indeed a great boost. It puts it above the average of the 2 best selling consoles there. I can't see how this is not impressive, it is the equivalent of if the pricecut/windwaker bundle boosted US sales from 9k to 50k.

A) These seem great because of how bad WiiU was doing before, but if you put them into context, they're not!

A) Exactly, if a console goes from selling beyond horrible to good numbers (above all consoles), then we can say an HD remake had an excellent effect.

B) You are seriously comparing a 1 year old console to a system that was 5 years old? Your comparison there is beyond pointless and meaningless. A more revelant comparison would be comparing xbox360's first year, not it's 5th year. Also, you are comparing a console redesign with a new bundle of an hd remake. As for the ps3 comparison, again, irrevelant and pointless. Windwaker HD is a remake, not a *big game*.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Seece said:
Dulfite said:
Seece said:
Dulfite said:
Shortiloe said:

It means they track the UK. England, NI, Scotland and Wales. Most gamers (along with most everything else) is located in England because we have the largest land mass here .. the other 3 places still sell a lot of games tho and it's about the UK not England.

Fair point. I wasn't trying to be offensive to anyone who hates being called English that lives in the non England part of UK by the way. 

happydolphin said:
Seece said:

It's a struggling console in a non-Nintendo region making a sales increase on an HD-remake of a GC game. I think 5-9k is reasonable for now.

Wait until 3D World and all come out, this is a momentum game for Nintendo atm. The upsing is starting.

For everything else I agree with you, but this is a specific case for Nintendo where this little victory is the beginning to the war being won on the long term.

A non Nintendo region? I mean the Wii did 8m here and the DS did over 10m making it the most successful platform here ever. It's declined, but then it has everywhere else hasn't it? In the same vein US must be a non Nintendo region too!

The rest, wishful thinking.

Seece said:
benji232 said:
Seece said:

6 to 7 years old consoles that have a massive library of games that europeans seem to like (for them Nintendo games are onyl for kids, they are still inmature among the gaming community). Their price is bellow the Wii U, similar to what the both next gen consoles are going to experience, for the solely reason that the graphics looks simliar to the eyes of common people. Launch will be great for both, no doubt. 

Nobody is saying Wii U is saved, Nintendo fans are only pointing the fact that this can be the turn around for the system. Other two consoles are selling the best, you can have that we Nintendo fans don't care about that. We just want Nintendo to sueceed for us to play their games for as long as we can. We just wnat Nintendo to be profitable so they can get better with each console and game.