By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom Really considering a RE 5 Wii?

Man said:
^ so you dont think it means they may be making new games for the wii?

i dont mean more RE games, but some more adventure games or creative games like okami?

i assume that if okami is a test, it is either a test of how well ps2 ports will do, or of how well okami-like games will do. i hope its testing how well creative, interesting games do on the wii :)

Of course I think they will make new games for the Wii.  I'm just saying that if you're going to infer anything from that little snipit, it should be that they are testing the way for more PS2 ports, not complete remakes of PS3/360 games.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
disolitude said:
As much as I'd like to see a version of RE5 with motion controls, Wii version won't happen...i don't know how powerful you people think wii is but capcom would have to spend a significant amount of time and resources downgrading the game to have it run on the wii. And their efforts would be rewarded with a game that looks half as good as ps3 and 360 versions. But if they decide to do it, they may as well port it on ps2, psp, nintendo DS and Sega 32X...

That didn't stop Capcom from porting RE4 to MOBILE PHONES!

Seriously, it's like people forget who Capcom is whenever RE5 Wii is brought up. This is the king of rehashes and ports. You act like RE5 is this impossible, sacred thing to touch when RE4 is currently on its 5th version. RE5 will most likely show up on the Wii as well as several other platforms for years to come. There's very little Capcom won't rehash and graphics has never been an issue.

And it didn't stop Capcom to bring RE4 to PS2 either and even making extra content. Of course, porting RE5 to Wii requires propably more work than porting RE4 to PS2, but in both cases a lot of work is required, still less than making completely new game. Anyway, if RE5 gets ported to Wii, we will not see it before 2009 (Wii already has 2 RE games, which both are comparatively new on the platform and they still sell). Anyway, i'd propably prefer RE6 on Wii, instead of RE5.,.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

SiegWahrheit said:

Capcom should do some great remake of RE2 for the Wii and just let RE5 be... Don't get me wrong, I'm a great fan of the Wii and it's the only next gen console I have but RE5 on Wii just wouldn't be the same as on 360 and PS3... The fulfill the Wii's potential games have to developed exclusively...

I actually feel that an RE 2 remake may happen (to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced at E3). Resident evil games have done well on both the gc and wii. Not only that, but the RE1 remake for the gc was a modest hit I believe.... also, this year is the 10 year anniversary of RE2. 

As for the origanal quote, it may have nothing to do with RE5, but you can't blame a guy for dreaming.

disolitude

This is true. I was playing my 421st version of street fighter 2 this afternoon. But keep in mind that Capcom is notorious for rehashing old games on new superior hardware but not the other way around

Like when they ported the Gamecube version to the PS2!

Personally id love to see a RE5 Wii,,, but i'll be getting it for 360

Heck id love to see RE4 for 360!

Proud owner of all next gen consoles and portables.

I still don't own a PS3 game

is capcom purposely telling that its a test so people can buy the game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

so many people still against RE5 on wii. seriously what is your problem. Anything is possible. You say that 360/ps3 verison will be better cause it will "LOOK" better. Well I say it will be better on WIi cause it will "PLAY" better.
I got both GCN and Wii versions of RE4 and I tell you know the Wii is by far more fun to play with the controls.

None the less why are people scared. There is room for many versions. A awesome controls one and a awesome gfx one. If you love RE series you will get both versions anyway. So stop bitching. It might or might not happen.

Anway back on topic. I do not think that comment is directly related to RE5. It be more towards a new IP that we have never seen. Perhaps somehting wierd and wacky that capcom wanted to do but didnt know which platform would have the right audience. Maybe it wil have the same sort of style as okami but wackier and more twisted.

It is certainly a lot of work for them to port RE5 to wii but seeing that it would easily sell over a million copies(low estimate) i'm pretty sure the work will be worth it for them...so yes, RE5 is a definite possibilty but not anytime soon...if i was a betting man(and i am) it will come out a year or so after the 360/PS3 versions hit...

I can't think of any game I want less from Capcom than Re5...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

well then......everybody preorder it!

With how they have been selling, it is possible that Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles could outsell one version of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition could outsell both versions of Resident Evil 5. Now, this doesn't mean that Capcom will port Resident Evil 5 but I'm certain they have taken notice of the popularity of these games and will have something for Wii owners in the future.