By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom Really considering a RE 5 Wii?

i hope they bring it to the wii, RE4 and RE:UC both high sellers,
so if they want to lose another million sales , thats their problem

Around the Network

@disolitude:

Yeah, 8 seconds would be the case if they ported without optimizing and reducing detail. Reduce textures, remove the exaggerated High-Dynamic Range, make simpler hair for Chris... wait, wasn't this already discussed on another thread??

i really hope they bring re5 to wii but i doubt it ......it wouldnt look nearly as polished as the originals so its probably easier to make another spin off

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

That would be a weird test.

Okami bombed on the PS2. If the Wii version outsells the PS2 version or even matches it does that mean the Wii suddenly gets the support the PS2 got?

Actually it'd probably mean the PS2 WOULD get the support the Wii got. In other words... a bunch of ported PS2 classics.

Of course if it doesn't sell it will likely be taken as that 3rd party games don't sell on the wii.

Ha.

RE5 Wii is very possible, all RE are in nintendo consoles.

Around the Network

Well, if it is a test for RE5 it is a bad one because Okami buyers don't seem like very likely purchasers of RE5.

However, Okami will sell more on Wii than on PS2 for several reasons:
The lack of decent adventure/rpg/hard core games on Wii.
There has been much more hype this time around, more people know what Okami is now.
There is a lot of hype around all Wii releases.

RE5 would also sell well on Wii, but that has nothing to do with Okami.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I really think that RE:5 is a possibility for the Wii.

Look at RE:4, the game was rewritten three times ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4 ) even after material from the in-progress game was released.

I've got my fingers crossed, RE:4 Wii was the most fun I've had with the series due to the excellent controls. :)

Don't we have enough RE games for Wii already?

I think next console to have RE game might be PSP.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

That quote has nothing to do with RE5. Period. End of story.

If you were going to read anything into it I would say it means they're planning on making more PS2 games come to the Wii.

^ so you dont think it means they may be making new games for the wii?

i dont mean more RE games, but some more adventure games or creative games like okami?

i assume that if okami is a test, it is either a test of how well ps2 ports will do, or of how well okami-like games will do. i hope its testing how well creative, interesting games do on the wii :)