By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft were to vanish in the gaming industry, would you...

I'd love it. rare's ips would be free again.

Around the Network
Subie_Greg said:
I'd feel bad for those who like Xbox

That's actually a pretty cute answer.

They're my least favorite of the big 3, but I still enjoy their consoles/games so I would be somewhat disappointed. Though if it just meant that their games went multiplat and another company came in to compete with Sony/Nintendo, I would actually prefer that. The less systems I have to buy the better.

Scoobes said:
I would bash them for closing Ensemble Studios and find some bizarre, convoluted way of blaming their closure of the studio (and the ruinage of the Age of Empires franchise) for their downfall.

Age of Empires/mythology were the shit :/

MS never really brought anything to gaming IMO for me as a company. I own still Original Xbox and a 360 slim and a phat. Sony,SEGA,Nintendo contributed heavily to gaming. MS not so much so would not miss them at all. Not bash them nor be sad. Just would not miss them one bit.

Around the Network

they deserve(d) to disappear

i have an ultra fond memory with my xbox. I'd be sad that it's the past but that's already what it is. Their (and now ps') online fees are not giving me warm feelings. Only on XBOX used to mean something to me 10 years ago. The only sad part for me would be the loss of kinect and the american presence in the console wars.

I would talk about how awesome the XBox was. The 360 however never did anything to impress me.

I think I would feel indifference. Not that I want them to go or anything, but I don't think I'd be too bothered if they did.

Pristine20 said:
miz1q2w3e said:
I'd remember them fondly. They brought many things to the industry that are now considered standard. I definitely respect them.

^This. Without them, online gaming won't be what we know today at least not on consoles.

I don't know, if Dreamcast hadn't bombed so hard, I think they'd have had most of XBL covered. Dreamcast had broadband, voice chat, etc. PS2 also supported that stuff, but they were a couple of years behind. Consoles were going to go online regardless. However, they definitely made a "standard" for online console gaming with the console based friends lists. But other than that, it was already there from other manufacturers.

Just far less coherant.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.