By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft were to vanish in the gaming industry, would you...

Like em or not, what they brought with Xbox and 360 were practices that are now the status quo......a sophisticated console online infrastructure, achievements, hard drives, and GASP......they supported indies the most before Sony "made it cool" :P

It would suck if they go, but they won't, and I would just go PC anyway.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
TheSting said:
DerpSandwich said:
While remembering enjoying the 360, I would applaud their departure. They're a game-making company that cares 20% about making games, 80% about shoving non-gaming bullshit down your throat, and 0% about its customers.

Lol what a load

lol @ ur lol

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I'd remember them fondly. They brought many things to the industry that are now considered standard. I definitely respect them.

miz1q2w3e said:
I'd remember them fondly. They brought many things to the industry that are now considered standard. I definitely respect them.

^This. Without them, online gaming won't be what we know today at least not on consoles.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

The industry was better before they joined it. That is all. Lol

Around the Network

I used to be all Sega as a kid, moved to Xbox after that (Xbox seemed like the spiritual successor to Sega consoles), if MS died off... well of course Id think of them fondly, but I would just start playing either Nintendo or Sony, MS brought some killer hardware and games to the industry. But without them... games are games lol, wouldn't be hard to move on.

My pocket would be fuller without the subscription crap they vomit on everyone. Wouldnt bat an eyelid if they disappeared entirely

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

I'd feel bad for those who like Xbox

I would, though I only had the xbox 360. There were some memories of halo and gears on their. Good times...

kowenicki said:
I'd simply move on to an alternative..... Wouldn't anyone?

I don't think you'll get any hysterical "then I'd quit gaming" type posts from Xbox/360/One buyers.

This was potentially the first perfect post from Kowen, unbiased un-nothing, until that last part of the last sentence -_-

OT: I'd buy their console so it'd last longer and as many games as possible, so I can tell my son, "Look, we had these cool consoles back in our days", and also let him play them. :p And yea I'd miss them, as much as I'm not a fan of their consoles or games, I enjoy them and competition is good. (Just like I'd like Nintendo to get back on feet, come on Japanese veteran!)