By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If Microsoft were to vanish in the gaming industry, would you...

I would lament the loss of GFWL on PC..
Okay you got me I'm being sarcastic.

But in truth I would only miss halo and forza but I think Microsoft dying and taking halo with it wouldn't be too bad, kill it before its ruined so to speak and have people look back at the series with fondness rather than focusing on the latest horrible installment

But if they didn't have forza and halo I don't think anyone would know them right now the Xbox brand right now let alone miss it

Around the Network
fighter said:

triggers
hard-drives
arcade games
indie games
assymetric joysticks
kinect
wrpg
account system
friends list
video chat
cross play chat
etc. (help, how many am i forgetting ?)

they brought quite a lot in 2 gens and frankly i would really miss the presence of a western innovative competitor, just as i would nintendo or sony for other reasons

While an optional extra the PS2 was the first console to allow a hard drive to be used.

Farsala said:
Never did really bash them. But I did like the Xbox a lot and 360 made Sony better.

This is truth

Wright said:

...remember them fondly? Say how cool the Xbox and Xbox 360 were when discussing about consoles? You know, like Sega?

Or you would still bash them and say "they deserved to disappear"?

Just curious to see your answers!

I would say they did a good job with Halo and the first xbox live. And then it was mostly bad IMO. But I don't want them to disappear because competition is good for the consumer.