By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

oni-link said:
curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

It's not so much framerate issues as it still runs solidly, but it runs at 30fps where the Wii version was 60fps.

3DS does have better shaders than Wii, but a lower polygon count.

I didn't realize that the 3DS was pushing less than the Wii in terms of polygon count!!!  It sure doesn't seem like it on games like RE:R, Kid Icarus and even Luigi's Mansion.  But then the Wii was never pushed to it's potential...even by Nintendo!!!

Luigis Mansion really?  The first thing I thought when I saw the game was like "really? The gamecube game had higher polycount models..."

Just look at his ear.

And compare it to this.

EDIT replacement picture because the other one went offline  LOL

Overall the GC game is more impressive. (has crappier textures etc but still)

Around the Network
gentii said:
VD-Dev ! What team is and where are from? anybody know??

They're based in Paris.

Perhaps their most notable game to date is COP: The recruit, which created an open world, GTA-like setting on the DS, a stunning technical achievement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3n62Z4nxAQ

JazzB1987 said:
oni-link said:
curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

It's not so much framerate issues as it still runs solidly, but it runs at 30fps where the Wii version was 60fps.

3DS does have better shaders than Wii, but a lower polygon count.

I didn't realize that the 3DS was pushing less than the Wii in terms of polygon count!!!  It sure doesn't seem like it on games like RE:R, Kid Icarus and even Luigi's Mansion.  But then the Wii was never pushed to it's potential...even by Nintendo!!!

Luigis Mansion really?  The first thing I thought when I saw the game was like "really? The gamecube game had higher polycount models..."

Just look at his ear.

And compare it to this.

Overall the GC game is more impressive. (has crappier textures etc but still)

Well...first the cutscenes on the GCN versions were in CG compared to real time with the 3DS versions.  Second, 3DS visuals are always better in person than on screenshots anyways.  But regardless I see your point...maybe a better comparison(and judgement of the system's potential) would be RE:R 3DS vs 360

oh I saw this maybe it would help b/c your other pic's link was broken. (remember 3DS games look wayyyy better in person than they do on screens so imagine the pic 2-3 times better in motion/person)

Nintendo should let these guys make Metroid Prime Hunters 2

Around the Network

So today is 28, where is that trailer?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I was wondering the same thing...

When the 3DS gets a port of Dragon's Crown that may push the system!!! lol

fatslob-:O said:
The 3DS was already at it's limits when it came out at launch so how much power was there left to even squeeze out ?

Yeah gaming devices are always outdated on release. Its as true of upcoming systems as it was the first to be released

The demo video has been delayed to this weekend, as they are adding more features: