By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

cheesecake said:
Nintendo should let these guys make Metroid Prime Hunters 2

This this this this this.

Around the Network

They'd be wasted on Hunters. Metroid Prime 4 would be more like.

I love all the Prime games apart from Hunters.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
They'd be wasted on Hunters. Metroid Prime 4 would be more like.

I love all the Prime games apart from Hunters.

Nah leave that to Retro for the home consoles.

No one is making Hunter 2 now that NST isn't. These guys would make a good Metroid game.

I can't wait for some video and footage of this game and it is a 3DS exclusives, imagine if the game looks like really really good, almost like PlayStation Vita games and then imagine Sony crowd going ape s#%! on this one since it is most likely a bloody/gritty game and they will say; why is this game on "kiddie" handheld?

I am going to laugh out loud at them... They think Nintendo is kiddie and yet majority of inmature audience is on their systems.

eyeofcore said:
I can't wait for some video and footage of this game and it is a 3DS exclusives, imagine if the game looks like really really good, almost like PlayStation Vita games and then imagine Sony crowd going ape s#%! on this one since it is most likely a bloody/gritty game and they will say; why is this game on "kiddie" handheld?

I am going to laugh out loud at them... They think Nintendo is kiddie and yet majority of inmature audience is on their systems.

I think you'll find most actual Vita fans probably have a 3DS because they're fans of portable gaming.

My main concern for this game would be that if it turns out to be a damn fine TPS, it actually sells well enough to cover the development. Believe it or not, dedicated Handheld gaming has a big enough crisis, that people should be more concerned with it's ongoing viability rather than pointless format wars. I shudder at the thought of iOS/Android games replacing dedicated handhelds.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Its here(88MB). http://www.vd-dev.com/News/IronFall_Tech_Preview_HighBitrate.avi

Its pretty good... but at 3:10 kick ass of everything you ever saw on 3DS, trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg8hDlolN3U

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I can't believe it, look at those graphics, and that's running at 60FPS and with FSAA enabled. I can barely imagine what those guys would do to this game if it were a full retail release. This is, by far, the most impressive thing i've seen running on a 3DS(the dual screen rendering part was the most technically absurd thing ever).

This is very impressive, can't wait to play it. I hope Nintendo gives them a project! :)

Dual screen rendering at 60 fps with high end physics at up to 7 million polygons per second...

...All from 3 people.

Technical wizards.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

AMAZING WORK