By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

Well that's simply incredible, i'm really impressed.

Around the Network

Tbone where are you ??

Viper1 said:
Dual screen rendering at 60 fps with high end physics at up to 7 million polygons per second...

...All from 3 people.

Technical wizards.

I downloaded the preview/tech demo video and it is amazing, my jaws dropped... It looks like a game on Sony's PlayStation Vita, it is thatamazing and I can imagine what else they can do. This game looks like a Gamecube game, a Wii game, it looks that amazing for a handheld and with that amount of 3D models on screen at 60fps. I am blown away!

I thought it looked like a GC game too, very impressive for the 3DS. I'd love to see what they could do with the Vita.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

That.
Was actually pretty amazing for the 3DS. All those effects. Why hasn't Nintendo given them the technical reigns over a graphically high-end Nintendo-franchise (StarFox, F-Zero, Metroid, maybe Zelda even) yet?

Around the Network
gentii said:
Tbone where are you ??

Busy crying tears of joy.

S.Peelman said:
That.
Was actually pretty amazing for the 3DS. All those effects. Why hasn't Nintendo given them the technical reigns over a graphically high-end Nintendo-franchise (StarFox, F-Zero, Metroid, maybe Zelda even) yet?

I could see a Metroid geting a Green light after this. Though I'd also love to see what they could do with free reign of a Wii U. Something at the moment I think Nintendo may well be pretty open to if they can get a concept.

MikeRox said:
S.Peelman said:
That.

I could see a Metroid geting a Green light after this. Though I'd also love to see what they could do with free reign of a Wii U. Something at the moment I think Nintendo may well be pretty open to if they can get a concept.

the thing is though, these guys are a team of only 2 people (3 now), they could only do so much with the WiiU, heck, they didn't include an online mode in this do to the amount of work that would need to be put at this point.

but yeah, Metroid Prime Hunters 2, do it Ninty.

You'd be surprised how much more a few guys with passion can do than an entire studio of minions with no self respect of the quality of their output. :)

They clearly have a thing for pushing hardware to it's limits. They even wrote their own engine for the 3DS. Imagine what a bit of money and access to dedicated tools could do for them with Wii U :)

MikeRox said:
You'd be surprised how much more a few guys with passion can do than an entire studio of minions with no self respect of the quality of their output. :)

They clearly have a thing for pushing hardware to it's limits. They even wrote their own engine for the 3DS. Imagine what a bit of money and access to dedicated tools could do for them with Wii U :)

Nintendo should outright buy Shin'en and VD-Dev and then merge the!