By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VD-Dev "pushing the 3DS to its limits"

Big Bang Engine . interesing name engine

Around the Network

Dual ARM11 and PICA200 GPU FTW!!!! Seriously, 3DS already pumps out beautiful visuals seen in KI:uprising, RE:Revelations, Luigi's Mansion, DKCR, Kigndom Hearts: DDD, DOA, etc; it'll be interesting to see what they mean by pushing the system as it will have a few good looking games to pass before really claiming that title!!!

oni-link said:
Dual ARM11 and PICA200 GPU FTW!!!! Seriously, 3DS already pumps out beautiful visuals seen in KI:uprising, RE:Revelations, Luigi's Mansion, DKCR, Kigndom Hearts: DDD, DOA, etc; it'll be interesting to see what they mean by pushing the system as it will have a few good looking games to pass before really claiming that title!!!

Revelations is the one to beat in my view, I'd say that one still stands head and shoulders above any other 3DS game.

curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

Revelations is the one to beat in my view, I'd say that one still stands head and shoulders above any other 3DS game.

I don't know the shinny effects and lighting on LM is pretty darn good IMHO.  DKCR also is a looker and actually looked better on the 3DS than it did on the Wii (strange but true).

curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

What about Nano Assault ? I've never seen it on the 3DS but people claim it looks fantastic.

Around the Network
oni-link said:
curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

I don't know the shinny effects and lighting on LM is pretty darn good IMHO.  DKCR also is a looker and actually looked better on the 3DS than it did on the Wii (strange but true).

Going to have to disagree on DKCR, I've played both, and not only does the 3DS version run at half the framerate, but some of the lighting is missing.

LM does look good, but the shading in RE:R is something else.

FrancisNobleman said:
curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

What about Nano Assault ? I've never seen it on the 3DS but people claim it looks fantastic.

Nano Assault looks amazing on 3DS, it runs at 60fps, in 3D, while looking like this:

Revelations though... on the 3DS's screen, it almost looks like a 360 game.

FrancisNobleman said:
curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

Nano Assault is incredible due to the size of the dev team. Shows what a small group of talented people could do if they tried on the 3DS!!!  But I think LM, RE:R, DKCR, KI:Uprising, and KH:3D still beat it overall!!!

curl-6 said:
oni-link said:
curl-6 said:
oni-link said:

Going to have to disagree on DKCR, I've played both, and not only does the 3DS version run at half the framerate, but some of the lighting is missing.

LM does look good, but the shading in RE:R is something else.

hmmm...I didn't notice any framerate issues with the 3DS version of DKCR, and thought the 3DS screen made the game sharper than the Wii version.  The lighting I presumed was due to deadline issues rather than hardware as the 3DS is essentially as powerful as the Wii with shaders, textures and effects equal to that of the X360 due to a more  modern GPU.

oni-link said:

hmmm...I didn't notice any framerate issues with the 3DS version of DKCR, and thought the 3DS screen made the game sharper than the Wii version.  The lighting I presumed was due to deadline issues rather than hardware as the 3DS is essentially as powerful as the Wii with shaders, textures and effects equal to that of the X360 due to a more  modern GPU.

It's not so much framerate issues as it still runs solidly, but it runs at 30fps where the Wii version was 60fps.

3DS does have better shaders than Wii, but a lower polygon count.