By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Informer: "The Order: 1886 Coverage Trailer" (Update: NEW VIDEO about Story and Gameplay)

I don't expect this game to even be near the same level as Gears of War, the fact that the OP mentions gears of war and this game in the same sentence is laughable. But I guess all hope would be that this game comes close to the definitive third person shooter,can't say id blame anyone.

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:
I don't expect this game to even be near the same level as Gears of War, the fact that the OP mentions gears of war and this game in the same sentence is laughable. But I guess all hope would be that this game comes close to the definitive third person shooter,can't say id blame anyone.

You certainly told him!

^^^

Anyone got a spare towel I can borrow?

Theses screens.... AMAZING.

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:

god damn those are sexy screens.  this one being my favorite. 

...and this from ready at dawn early in the ps4's life.      i can't fucking wait to see what sony top studios (naughty dog and santa montica) have in store because it's bound to be jaw dropping.

No co-op

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Am I the only one that is super super super intrigued by these soft body physics?

If it works correctly, this is HUGE!!!

Here's what soft body physics do with car crashes. Glitchy, but fantastic.

just take my money Sony

Raven722 said:
Darth Tigris said:
Not near enough to get a good sense of what the game will end up being, graphically or gameplay wise. But it looked like that RE4-6 kind of camera/gameplay experience, which has gone from beloved to bemoaned with each progressive chapter in that series. This will get a certain amount of special attention due to being a PS4 exclusive though. The setting seems to be a tad unique, so hopefully the gameplay won't be too derivative. Graphics are way to early to give a fair opinion.

The Resident Evil games are not bemoaned because of perspective. They're bemoaned because Capcom turned a survival horror franchise into an action thriller franchise with co-op and a rather mindless one at that. Resident Evil 4 uses that same perspective and it's considered the best in the series alongside CODE: Veronica. From what I heard this game has a lot of cover-based shooting which makes it more like Gears of War than the recent Resident Evil titles. 

While I only played a demo of RE6, it wasn't as fun or tight as the previous two games.  I don't remember a lot of reviewers or players that actually enjoy the RE4 formula being all that high on it either.  But as someone that played RE4 and 5 a TON and all 3 GeoW games a ton as well, this looks less like GeoW and more like the aforementioned titles.  We'll have to wait to see more gameplay vids to get a better idea of where it falls.

For the record, I'm not trying to trash the game.  Those scans look quite fantastic.  I'm just trying to show the type of muted feelings we all should show at this early stage.  Hope the game turns out well, as I like TPS's far better than FPS's.