By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Informer: "The Order: 1886 Coverage Trailer" (Update: NEW VIDEO about Story and Gameplay)

GoW PSP games were great (got them for PS3 as part of the ultimate collection). I'm pretty happy for the gameplay to be fairly standard for the 3rd person action genre. As long as it has great story (for a video game) and good atmospherics. Looks like we don't need to worry about the graphics so as long as the art style is good (which does look good form the little I've seen) then it should be a fun game to play.

I hope it's a little more like GoW/Uncharted than the standard TPS of Gears of War and Mass Effect, but I'll be happy either way.

I know it's anathema here to put things other than gameplay on the top of the priority list. But in a game like this all I want is for the gameplay to be good enough not to detract from the broader experience. It doesn;t have to be fresh, or groundbreaking or innovative. I want it to fit like a comfortable worn in shoe.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Looking good. Any idea when in 2014 this game will be released?

g911turbo said:

probably by the end of the year

AndrewWK said:
g911turbo said:

OK one more question, who is the girl in your avatar.  Thanks.

g911turbo said:
AndrewWK said:
g911turbo said:

OK one more question, who is the girl in your avatar.  Thanks.

A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cosplay

Around the Network

New video guys... Gameplay And Story.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/10/10/an-overview-of-the-order-1886-39-s-gameplay-and-story.aspx

Unveiled at E3 2013, The Order: 1886 is one of Sony's bold new franchises for the PlayStation 4. Developer Ready At Dawn is breaking free from the technical constraints of the PSP with one of the most visually impressive games we've ever seen. So what is The Order: 1886? We spoke with creative director Ru Weerasuriya and chief technology officer Andrea Pessino about the story behind the mysterious new world they're creating and their hopes for how players will experience the upcoming title. If you like what you hear, you can check out the full cover story in the November issue of Game Informer to learn much more about this exciting new project from Ready at Dawn.

ethomaz said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/10/10/an-overview-of-the-order-1886-39-s-gameplay-and-story.aspx

Unveiled at E3 2013, The Order: 1886 is one of Sony's bold new franchises for the PlayStation 4. Developer Ready At Dawn is breaking free from the technical constraints of the PSP with one of the most visually impressive games we've ever seen. So what is The Order: 1886? We spoke with creative director Ru Weerasuriya and chief technology officer Andrea Pessino about the story behind the mysterious new world they're creating and their hopes for how players will experience the upcoming title. If you like what you hear, you can check out the full cover story in the November issue of Game Informer to learn much more about this exciting new project from Ready at Dawn.

Being a bit charitable saying "gameplay", more like a few cut scenes. Still glad to hear a bit about the plot and the setting.

If the plot is that this is an eternal struggle then subsequent games set in futher back in the past might be fun. But going back in time for sequels to tell more (hi)story is always a bit problematic.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ethomaz said:

Fuck that Italian Dude is ripped o.o

And that game looks so promissing 

AndrewWK said:
ethomaz said:

Fuck that Italian Dude is ripped o.o

And that game looks so promissing 

LOL I was about to say the same thing, that guy looks like he belong in a MMA gym rather than a game studio!

OT: Game looks spicy, love the visual, love the thematic elements even more, worship the mustache! This is arguably my most anticipated game for next gen that has been revealed to date.