By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Game Informer: "The Order: 1886 Coverage Trailer" (Update: NEW VIDEO about Story and Gameplay)

ethomaz said:

OP UPDATED with some more info form user @shinobi602.

Lol, before I even say anything, graphics look absolutely STUNNING in the pictures. Gotdamn.

Adding more as I go along.

-In concept since 2005
-Trailer graphics are what you can expect it to look like in-game
-Everything in the world is rendered with soft body physics
-Metal beams react for example to magnetic forces, bending and shifting in real time
-Around 7th or 8th century, humanity splinters, with many getting 'beastial traits', becoming 'half breeds'
-Thus begins the conflict
-Humanity basically forms a version of the Knights of the Round Table, in this case, The Order to fight off this enemy
-Through a strange turn of events, they discover a substance called "black water", giving them unusually long lives and unique ability to recover from injury
-The Knights continue to age, but at a much, much slower rate which they use to battle for centuries
-It's basically a curse given they continuously see everything around them leave and die off, it's both a salvation and a curse for them
-This leads up to the 19th century and the changes facilitate the unique futuristic Industrial Age you see before you
-You play as the mustached guy, Sir Galahad
-A new threat emerges as parts of society (humans) begin to rebel against the rulership and are disgruntled with the inequality between layers of society
-Battle scenes are chaotic and exciting, reminiscent of Gears of War
-Ready at Dawn took a unique twist to QTEs, sometimes melee attacks occur during gameplay, time slows down and you can rotate your camera and find different things in the environment to give you an edge 

What pictures?!?!  I just see a few off screen ones etc.  Am I missing something.

Around the Network

Hell yeah i'm excited,can't wait to see some gameplay!

Nice cover. London represent.

Ready At Dawn's big moment in the spotlight is coooooming!

I hope they pull it off. Their course of their future depends on it.

Anyone laugh at the guy at the 0.47 second mark. Seriously lol'd
OT: one of my most anticipated games this gen

Around the Network

Looks good, especially being London based!

I hope that it isn't just a 3rd person shooter, but at the very least it looks to have quirky and interesting weapons

The best news is that it is a single player story-based game and not an online co-op persistent universe thing... I look forward to getting more info

oh so sonys gears of war enough said

Azerth said:
oh so sonys gears of war enough said

I'll consider this a compliment since Gears was awesome.  Besides, that would be like saying uncharted was a Gears clone too, just because it's a 3rd person shooter.

Muffin31190 said:
Anyone laugh at the guy at the 0.47 second mark. Seriously lol'd
OT: one of my most anticipated games this gen

Before I even comment about the details posted I quoted this hilarious gif.

pezus said:
  • Clouds and particles of dust float around lamp flames, subtely settling down on the camera lense
Disappointing. They're trying to hide it with smoke. This means PS4 can't render the world. 

You are just jealous Nintendo didn't have Cloud Power .