By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Surface Pro 2, Surface 2 sold out

landguy1 said:
ToraReaper said:
landguy1 said:
I preordered a surface pro for my son for school. I doubt there will be supply problems that much, but it is nice to not have to call around to see if they have the right one in stock.

You bought a surface pro for your son!? Would you like to adopt me? :)

We were going to get him a laptop (about $900), but i like the Surface Pro that I use at work so much, I decided to go this route for another $300.  He is an avid gamer and I wanted something that can do what he needs for school and play the games(Steam).    He has a 20 inch monitor in his room to hook it up to when at home, and they use them in the classrooms at his high school.  His class is the 1st "all digital" grade to start from 9th grade.  All of his classes post all of the homework to the web.

I wish i lived in a home fortunate enough to have a dad buy me a wicked ass laptop/tablet (especially in high school), hell in college i had to drop because i couldnt afford a good enough computer to use the software in networking class... *cries in corner*

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
This means nothing. Microsoft haven't a hope of penetrating the android and IOS tablets.

The Surface Pro 2 does not compete for that market.  Instead it competes more along the lines of the Mac book Air and other type of laptops.

So, it's going to have a price increase like PS4, too?

Dear MS: Shut up.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
maverick40 said:
This means nothing. Microsoft haven't a hope of penetrating the android and IOS tablets.

Over night, no. But maybe over time.

I doubt MS is going to be leaving the tablet market anytime soon and will likely invest billions and billions to gain market share.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Wow, good for them. They do seem like nice improvements over the earlier ones.  And they were pretty good to begin with.

Plus the Surface Pro 2 is as powerful as many people's desktops.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

kowenicki said:
maverick40 said:

microsoft or windows.

clarification is required here....

Microsoft sorry. Windows is doing good on tablets, but it is still priced a bit too much compared to android tablets. 

The first Surface sold out faster than this and it turned out to be low shipment instead of high demand. With the first generation performance, I doubt that they will prepare a bigger shipment. Hopefully I'm wrong because I really like the product.

I don't believe Microsoft has a future in any hardware markets. Xbox 360 was their only odd success. The mass market just don't want Microsoft products willingly, they only choose them if there's no competition (like Windows OS on PCs).

Tablets by Microsoft and mobile phones have no future. It's a waste of money. 95% of people only want Apple or Android devices.