By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - if ps3 doesnt match ps2 with sales will it be called a failure

brute said:
^lets say 50 million then would it be called one

then no but not a success either

Around the Network

so you guys are saying that if it reaches 50% of ps2's sales it wont be a failure

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It's already been called a failure, but who calls it a failure and who calls it a success is going to largely depend on how each person defines success.  Success can mean winning in total consoles sold, it can mean selling more consoles than you sold in the last generation or expanding the console gaming audience, it can mean being profitable, or it can even mean getting a media format to catch on to spark future profits in another division.

If the 10 year plan goes according to plans....

then Ps3 should end up at 76 million...

cus it sold 7.6 million in 1 year...ofcourse thats 6 months EU counted

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^do you think in its 10 year it will sell as much as its early years?

Around the Network

You also have to remember, the ps2 had a dvd attachment but that's a very general product. The ps3 has a blu ray attachment which is sony made hardware. with every ps3 sold, sony strengthens it's blu ray dominance.

So, ps3 sales are two fold, it's sales don't need to be ps2 high to be a success.

It also depends how well wii and xbox 360 do. I don't think anyone will compare it to PS2 anymore in a few years. However if PS3 ends up 3rd...it may be forgotten like the Turkish soccer team in 2002 soccer world cup.

i will probably sell 75 million +, if selling 75 million 'failure', I'm sure a lot of companies would love to be failing right about now. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@brute

lets face it....it's first year was atrocious

Now it's selling twice of what it was selling now in 07...

So + or - amounts later on....

76 million could be correct....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

disolitude said:
It also depends how well wii and xbox 360 do. I don't think anyone will compare it to PS2 anymore in a few years. However if PS3 ends up 3rd...it may be forgotten like the Turkish soccer team in 2002 soccer world cup.

lets say the wii does DS level sales and ps3 does like psp will it be called a failure